Author Topic: Indiana State  (Read 46148 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana State
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »
Please I beg that the residents of this board NOT become delusional and discuss a win in NDSU next week.................   

LOL I had to do it  ;D

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
Word on the street is the football team reserved the watts a week ahead of time in preparation, to prepare for NDSU...perhaps this game was looked past...

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2014, 05:46:41 PM »
paladin was right 7-5 with no playoffs.  Please someone tell me what coach passes the ball on first down in overtime?   

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »
Word on the street is the football team reserved the watts a week ahead of time in preparation, to prepare for NDSU...perhaps this game was looked past...

No, I think the better team won today.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2014, 05:48:49 PM »
paladin was right 7-5 with no playoffs.  Please someone tell me what coach passes the ball on first down in overtime?   

Montgomery and Wolford  ::)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2014, 05:49:20 PM »
When they lost to WIU is when the season ended...

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
Their qb passed for more than 350 yards.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:33:49 PM by penguinpower »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2014, 06:31:05 PM »
We will lose next Saturday to NDSU and then that Monday Wolford will be fired or he will quit.  Lets hope.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »
There should be little wonder why no one goes to these games.  I have trouble watching them on ESPN3.

I hope this latest annual November meltdown is used as an opportunity to analyze everything. 

Maybe in addition to having expensive travel and little fan interest and  anti-MVFC bias by the selection committee,  maybe YSU just isn't a good enough program to compete in the MVFC. 

Hopefully these things are analyzed: conference affiliation, OOC schedule,  and a new AD.

YSU was in the post-season twice in the 1970s, and twice in the 1980s, seven times in the 1990s, and then 00 and 06.  Since 2000, there has been only one playoff season in 14 years.  That is the worst drought since the 1970s....and it coincides exactly with the tenure of the current AD.  Does the AD have any accountability for that?   Heacock and Wolf get fired, but the AD stays put?  If a corporation's stocks tank....do you fire the regional manager but keep the CEO? 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:15:32 PM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2014, 06:54:00 PM »
And its never been easier to qualify for the playoffs!!!!  When YSU did qualify there were ONLY 16 spots and now 24.... If you you start peeling back the onion this entire situation has gone from bad to worse.....   

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2014, 06:54:28 PM »
Hey Bob Hannon.  I really do love you buddy but how about next time you let fans call the show.  We don't need Chris talking for 15 minutes and sucking up all the time. 

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2014, 07:31:22 PM »
Hey Bob Hannon.  I really do love you buddy but how about next time you let fans call the show.  We don't need Chris talking for 15 minutes and sucking up all the time.

Perhaps Hannon was not interested in taking calls and Chris helped take up some time.  I wouldn't hold it against him.  I really like him but I wouldn't be surprised.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:08:53 PM by penguinpower »

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2014, 07:59:56 PM »
We will lose next Saturday to NDSU and then that Monday Wolford will be fired or he will quit.  Lets hope.
We will lose next Saturday to NDSU, and then that Monday, Wolford will be given a one year extension, I would be willing to bet on it. :'(

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2014, 08:57:07 PM »
Their qb passed for more than 350 yards.

AND... Our QB passed for 106 and threw 1 INT and YSU fumbled 3 times but lost in OT. I say the Defense is not the problem and hasn't been.  :o

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2014, 09:01:15 PM »
There should be little wonder why no one goes to these games.  I have trouble watching them on ESPN3.

I hope this latest annual November meltdown is used as an opportunity to analyze everything. 

Maybe in addition to having expensive travel and little fan interest and  anti-MVFC bias by the selection committee,  maybe YSU just isn't a good enough program to compete in the MVFC. 

Hopefully these things are analyzed: conference affiliation, OOC schedule,  and a new AD.

YSU was in the post-season twice in the 1970s, and twice in the 1980s, seven times in the 1990s, and then 00 and 06.  Since 2000, there has been only one playoff season in 14 years.  That is the worst drought since the 1970s....and it coincides exactly with the tenure of the current AD.  Does the AD have any accountability for that?   Heacock and Wolf get fired, but the AD stays put?  If a corporation's stocks tank....do you fire the regional manager but keep the CEO?

+1^^  AD is a great guy very approachable but something is not right  when it comes to the football program :-\