Author Topic: Kirk Herbstreit is a tool  (Read 6218 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Kirk Herbstreit is a tool
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:48:29 PM »
Kirk Herbstreit is a toolhe basically made Youngstown state out to be the little sisters of the poor when he compared Baylor schedule to Ohio State schedule. It is likely that we could beat Virginia Tech right now because they suck so bad.  What an ********

Offline BarstoolCleveland

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Kirk Herbstreit is a tool
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 09:23:34 PM »
You didn't like that? I bought it was funny and right on!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 09:57:39 PM »
Kirk Herbstreit is a toolhe basically made Youngstown state out to be the little sisters of the poor when he compared Baylor schedule to Ohio State schedule. It is likely that we could beat Virginia Tech right now because they suck so bad.  What an ********

But he's right so....

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 05:37:12 AM »
It shows me how uneducated he is when it comes to FCS football.  Lititle does he know that top to bottom our. Conference is better than  several FBS conferences including the MAC and Sunbelt.  That is my point
  Wher . You look at the scores of the MVFC teas against the B1G every game was close, several teams were beaten in the overall box scores.  The B1G is the little sistersomething of the poor except for  a few teams.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:40:12 AM by penguinpower »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 08:42:47 AM »
what did he say and when. Is it on line?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 09:21:11 AM »
what did he say and when. Is it on line?

I don't know if it is on line.  He was on the college football playoff show last night on ESPN around 7:30 PM.  He was comparing Baylor and Ohio State's schedule and said that Baylor is being hurt by the OOC schedule.  Baylor played Northwestern State whereas Ohio State played Virginia Tech.  He said that if strength of schedule doesn't matter then Ohio State may as well go and play Youngstown State.  Poor comparison.  We are heads and shoulders better than them and I would argue that we are better than Illinois and several other bottom dweller B1G programs.

Offline YSUinBoston

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »
Hard to get my knickers up in a bunch over this.  First----I admire your confidence in a program that hasn't made the playoffs in almost a decade.  I think it is a stretch to declare YSU better than just about any BCS programs, especially Big Ten schools.  The Big Ten is weak, but YSU wins 7 games a year in FCS.  If these teams were so impressive here, you'd think they'd manage to make the watered down playoffs with some regularity.

Second----I don't know much about Northwestern St, but I think the point is if OSU schedule us instead of VT, they'd would most certainly be undefeated right now.  YSU is a regional FCS team to OSU as Northwestern St is for Baylor. 

If he would have said Akron instead in that sentence, you wouldn't have thought a single thing of it. 

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
Penguinpower has a very skewed vision of the talent level and world view of YSU football. They are not better than any Big Ten team. They are much improved this year and really need to get that playoff monkey off their backs.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »
Penguinpower has a very skewed vision of the talent level and world view of YSU football. They are not better than any Big Ten team. They are much improved this year and really need to get that playoff monkey off their backs.

He is still a tool

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »
  YSU yet to prove they belong in the FCS playoffs, need to get there before we start thinking they could beat a Big 10 team.  Illinois looked flat and turned it on in the 4th quarter to beat us going away.

This is YSU board, not Ohio State, but the Buckeyes are getting better, that was obvious Saturday, that is a sign of a well coached team that improves as the season goes along.   YSU under Eric Wolford yet to show that kind of progress.

That being said, I have a feeling they will play their best games of the year against Indiana State.    That should lock up a playoff berth.   Only way I see they get shutout is if they get blown out at North Dakota State, and even then 5 wins in our conference should be enough.

Really only game that got away was Western Illinois.  I think Illinois State was just better than YSU.