Author Topic: AD Press Releases  (Read 11349 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
AD Press Releases
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:07:41 AM »
Did anyone else read the Rulli Bros 3-Point Play release on ysusports.com?  If you havent please do.  The grammatical errors and misspellings are blinding......  Do you think the SID proofreads or okays prior to distribution?  Or do you think he and the Asst SID are overwhelmed with more important duties?  It is appalling to read these errors repeatedly on a sanctioned website of a higher learning institution........  YSU deserves better!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:36:51 AM by goodnews »

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: AD Press Releases
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
Agreed--it's appalling.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 12:15:55 PM »
It is really just a couple. Yes there should not be any, but send an email to let them know. ysusports@ysu.edu

Realize that this type of thing probably needs proofed by the store as well.

Offline BarstoolCleveland

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
Agreed. The sports info department is very poor.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 01:03:29 PM »

I disagree.  YSU wins the award for best Sports Info department almost every year and that is across all Div 1 colleges.  This was some kind of mistake. 

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »
Really? Where is this???

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 02:11:37 PM »
Agreed Power, that is why I mentioned that this is a CoOp'd event and probably someone missed something coming in from Rulli Brothers. Either way, our SI department is very good for our size and resources. The last few years have improved even more so.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 02:39:01 PM »
Really? Where is this???

I used to run a site featuring the entire I-AA/FCS level of sports. It was the old Pete's poll that I used to do for this site back before there were any I-AA polls. (Highly accurate BTW, I have been tracking a waited average since 1986). I would say that in the Gateway ...YSU was the best SI. Now in the MVFC, I would choose NDSU. Also, ILS and MSU have really improved, but not enough to surpass us. The best conference I worked (and I worked with all of them) with was the Big South ...that is BY FAR. Granted I was football-only and some of these I-AA/FCS schools are big-time in basketball.

Some of the special sections that I have on the site (especially the history, which is still under revamp) YSU's SI has been fantastic in helping me. Images you would not believe. Videos. Game footage, Stats, etc. Just look a the detail in our media guide. You could literally call a game with it.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 02:43:09 PM »
Really? Where is this???

I used to run a site featuring the entire I-AA/FCS level of sports. It was the old Pete's poll that I used to do for this site back before there were any I-AA polls. (Highly accurate BTW, I have been tracking a waited average since 1986). I would say that in the Gateway ...YSU was the best SI. Now in the MVFC, I would choose NDSU. Also, ILS and MSU have really improved, but not enough to surpass us. The best conference I worked (and I worked with all of them) with was the Big South ...that is BY FAR. Granted I was football-only and some of these I-AA/FCS schools are big-time in basketball.

Some of the special sections that I have on the site (especially the history, which is still under revamp) YSU's SI has been fantastic in helping me. Images you would not believe. Videos. Game footage, Stats, etc. Just look a the detail in our media guide. You could literally call a game with it.

They win the publication award like every single year.  I can't remember where to find the information, but when you see it we are ranked #1 nearly every year.  Amazing.   Really unbelievable what Trevor does.

Offline edpuskas

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »

I'm going to challenge that.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 05:22:09 PM »
Our sports information department is very good.  Our athletic marketing department is very bad.  There are not many topics about which we could arrive at a consensus on this board.  This might be one of them.

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 08:08:23 AM »
Disagree 100%, I think the constant misspellings and lack of media coverage in cities around Youngstown speaks for itself.

Offline NatChamps93949597

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 10:04:07 AM »
Our sports information department is very good.  Our athletic marketing department is very bad.  There are not many topics about which we could arrive at a consensus on this board.  This might be one of them.

Don't speak for me Wick!!!

The marketing and SID department does a great job at YSU.

The SID department does a great job getting students involved in YSU game broadcast. Trevor is great.

The marketing department puts together award winning game programs and sponsorships that are tops in FCS football. So don't speak for us Wick. Just because you have a beef doesn't mean it's a consensus.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »

The SID department does a great job getting students involved in YSU game broadcast. Trevor is great.

The marketing department puts together award winning game programs and sponsorships that are tops in FCS football. So don't speak for us Wick. Just because you have a beef doesn't mean it's a consensus.

The SID does a great job and has for years.  The marketing department is a big problem.

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »

The SID does a great job and has for years.  The marketing department is a big problem.

Couldn't disagree more. YSU needs a member of the media in their SID department. I would fully support getting  a member of the media from Cleveland or Pittsburgh in there to stir up some support.

It sounds like you are friends with them, since you use their names on a 1st name basis. I'm sorry if I'm insulting you by saying that. But it's just my personal opinion.