Author Topic: Seriously??? YSU is making people pay $11+ to watch this game on line????  (Read 9093 times)

Lets_Talk

This is beyond ridiculous. Why is YSU making people pay to watch this game on the internet? Why would anyone other than a family member of a player pay to watch the game? Why is it that YSU no longer uses the MYTV broadcast for games not picked up by ESPN3?

I was getting ready to watch the game on ESPN3, and the schedule on the YSU web site had this game as being on ESPN3 earlier in the week. I'm in Las Vegas, so I'm not able to make it to the game. And, what about all the other people who live out of town, those who are not able to attend because of health reasons, or who have other reasons for not being able to attend the game, but want to watc the game on line?

And, let's not forget all the complaints from people who did pay to watch the 3 OOC home games on the YSU site. After that, no way would I pay to watch the game, even if this was against NDSU. I sure as hell hope YSU does not pull this garbage come basketball season. This is a great way to push people away from YSU athletics... SMH  ??? ???  >:( :( :(

Lets_Talk

Re: Seriously??? YSU is making people pay $11+ to watch this game on line????
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »
Wait, this is even worse. The game IS on ESPN3, but I had to go to the South Dakota University website to access the ESPN3 broadcast. When I clicked the "watch live" link on the YSU web site, I was redirected to Stretch Internet. That makes this even worse. This is total BS on the part of YSU Athletic Dept.

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/gameday/gameday-central-2014

http://www.goyotes.com/sports/m-footbl/sdak-m-footbl-body.html

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:19:52 PM by Lets_Talk »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
Wait, this is even worse. The game IS on ESPN3, but I had to go to the South Dakota University website to access the ESPN3 broadcast. When I clicked the "watch live" link on the YSU web site, I was redirected to Stretch Internet. That makes this even worse. This is total BS on the part of YSU Athletic Dept.

http://www.goyotes.com/sports/m-footbl/sdak-m-footbl-body.html

Hey, don't knock the best athletic department in college!! ;)

Lets_Talk

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 02:25:23 PM »
LOL... I'm sorry, this is total BS. It is NEVER a good idea to try and rip-off your own fans, and that is EXACTLY what YSU is trying to do.

First I went to ESPN, and the game was not listed as being on ESPN3. Then I went to YSU site, and got the link to Stretch Internet. So, I went to SD site to see if there was a link on their site to watch the game, and it had ESPN3. I clicked the link, and I am watching the game with the MYTV feed.

This means people in the YSU Athletic Dept know the game is on the Internet for FREE with the MYTV broadcast, yet they are intentionally directing people to the Stretch Internet site and asking $11.95. Wow...I mean WOW...Seriously... Just WOW  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 02:26:32 PM »
It's on espn 3 for free. And it is waaaaaay better than jock stretch Internet.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:40:34 PM by penguinpower »

Lets_Talk

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »
I know, I am watching it on ESPN3. But, I had to go to the South Dakota website to get the ESPN3 feed. On the YSU site, I was directed to StretchInternet. It appears the game on ESPN3 is the broadcast from a station in South Dakota that is picking up the MYTV feed.

What I'm trying to figure out is why the YSUGAMEDAYCENTRAL is steering people to StretchInternet and not ESPN3, when the game is on ESPN3?

Lets_Talk

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »
Thank you KDLT in Vermillion, SD for picking up the MYYTV feed so this game can be watched on ESPN for Free. Our Athletic Dept here in Youngstown has YSU fans being directed to a site where the charge to watch the game is $11.95

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 02:49:01 PM »
I just went to espn3.Com and just clicked on the link.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 02:53:03 PM »
Yeah, just go to Espn3.com every saturday to watch. Don't rely on YSU athletic department.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 03:06:18 PM »
I went to ESPN, but there was no link. I went to the page with the games scheduled for  the day, and even to the scores page. Both of those have a link to ESPN3 for games on ESPN3, but there was no link for the YSU game. But, that is not the issue, at least to me. It is the fact that the YSU Athletic Dept website is directing people to StretchInternet and charging $11.95, knowing full well the game is on ESPN3. No links on YSU Athletic Site to ESPN3, but there have been the last 4 weeks, and there is a link to ESPN3 on the SD Athletics site.

The past several years, I have not been in a position financially to make donations to the YSU Athletic Dept, join Penguin Club or anything like that. My wife now has a teaching job, and while far from wealthy, we are in a position where doing something such as making a contribution to the Athletic Dept is now financially feasible.

However, after this garbage the YSU Athletic Dept has pulled today on their OWN fans, I will NEVER give a single penny to the YSU Athletic Dept. The University as a whole, yes(most likely will once again join Alumni Association), but NEVER again will I give a single cent to YSU Athletics. And, yes, I have donated money to YSU Athletics in the past, in addition to all the games attended and money spent on tickets, concessions, and then buying tickets thru YSU when going to away games.

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/ysu/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:13:11 PM by Lets_Talk »

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 03:22:05 PM »
I know, I am watching it on ESPN3. But, I had to go to the South Dakota website to get the ESPN3 feed. On the YSU site, I was directed to StretchInternet. It appears the game on ESPN3 is the broadcast from a station in South Dakota that is picking up the MYTV feed.

What I'm trying to figure out is why the YSUGAMEDAYCENTRAL is steering people to StretchInternet and not ESPN3, when the game is on ESPN3?

I went to ESPN3.com and found the game with ease, like i do all road games

Lets_Talk

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 03:41:49 PM »
You are missing the point. The YSU website has NO mention of the game being on ESPN3, even though it was listed on the schedule earlier in the week. The YSU website directs people to StretchInternet to watch the game, with a charge of $11.95. That is an INTENTIONAL attempt to deceiver the customer into thinking the game is NOT on ESPN 3.

To quote my dad, "this is bush league". The game is on ESPN3, so there is NO REASON for the YSU GAMEDAYCENTRAL to not have the link to ESPN3 and instead be directed to a site that costs $11.95, with the YSU Athletic Dept making money off people watching the game on that link.

This is about how the customer(YSU fans) are being treated by the very school they support. It shows a lack of respect and appreciation to the fans at a time when the football program is losing fans in droves. This is STUPID from a PR and Business standpoint.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 03:45:05 PM »
You are missing the point. The YSU website has NO mention of the game being on ESPN3, even though it was listed on the schedule earlier in the week. The YSU website directs people to StretchInternet to watch the game, with a charge of $11.95. That is an INTENTIONAL attempt to deceiver the customer into thinking the game is NOT on ESPN 3.

To quote my dad, "this is bush league". The game is on ESPN3, so there is NO REASON for the YSU GAMEDAYCENTRAL to not have the link to ESPN3 and instead be directed to a site that costs $11.95, with the YSU Athletic Dept making money off people watching the game on that link.

This is about how the customer(YSU fans) are being treated by the very school they support. It shows a lack of respect and appreciation to the fans at a time when the football program is losing fans in droves. This is STUPID from a PR and Business standpoint.

Don't expect anything from YSU, and you won't be disappointed lol. Espn3.com and the game is there on the front page. Works every time.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 03:54:26 PM »
Yes, I couldn't make it either.  I've got on the ESPN Game Cast, so at least I know what is happening in real time.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »
Again, I am watching the game on ESPN3. That is not the point. And, as far as ESPN3, if you go to the regular ESPN page and click on either schedule or scores, there is typically a link to ESPN3 if the game is on ESPN3. That is not  the case today, at least not with my internet provider here in Las Vegas(Cox). This is how I ALWAYS access games on ESPN3, but today this is not an option.

Again, though, there is no reason at all for YSU to have the YSU Athletics website directing people to a site where it costs $11.95 to watch a vastly inferior feed, instead of to ESPN3 where the feed is Free. Why is this so hard for people to understand? And, why would I in any way want to financially support and Athletic Department that is trying to play their own fans for fools? This is highly symptomatic of the Department in general when it comes to the way events are promoted, the enitre game day experience, increasing ticket prices, low quality of opponents in OOC games(this includes both mens and womens basketball).

D1 College Athletics are a business, and the fans are the customer. This is no way at all to treat your customers. This is the final straw for me when it comes to the Athletic Dept. I will still watch games(provided there is not charge) and route for the teams to win, because YSU is my Alma Mater, and the Student-Athletes have no say in how the Department is run. But, not a single penny of my money will EVER go to YSU Athletics as long as I live. It is ridiculous that the only way to watch the 3 home OOC games was to pay $11.95 and then watch on a feed that was poor quality even if it were free. I have a feeling YSU is going to do wthis with OOC basketball games, at least the womens games. I say that, because when I was on StretchInternet, I clicked on "All Sports" and underneath football was Women's Basketball. I see no reason women's basketball would appear unless YSU Athletic Dept intends to use StretchInternet for at least some of the womens basketball games, most likely the home non-conference games.