Author Topic: Wolf's Contract  (Read 15407 times)

Offline A Penguin-Husky

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf's Contract
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 06:49:49 AM »
Article in Vindy says $100,000 buy out if 7-5 or worse.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 06:56:28 AM »
Thanks for the correction, Penguin-Husky

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 04:36:33 PM »
I have faith that the penguins will WIN todays game against Butler.. I am also confident that they will be buying out the coaches contract too.... 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:54:39 PM by goodnews »

Offline JFootball2

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2014, 07:15:08 PM »
People wanting the coaching staff fired are too funny, who's going to take the job to come here? Scumbag Tressel? no thanks.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 12:09:16 AM »
JFootball2,

First of all, Scumbag Tressel? He did not do anything other coach's at top D1 programs do not do. He messed up at TOSU by not telling the truth. He was trying to defend the players, handle things "in house" and do what he thought was best. That proved to be a costly mistake, one for which he has apologized on multiple occasions.

As for who would want the job, even though YSU is not what they once were in football, this is still one of the top FCS jobs in the country. The facilities are as good as any in FCS, and on par with some schools at the FBS level. Also, as much as attendance has dropped off, YSU is still annually in the top 15-20 for attendance in FCS.

The MVFC is arguably the top conference in all of FCS, and has been among the top 3 since before YSU joined.
The fans in Ytown are very supportive of a team that wins. The fans are demanding, but any coach worth their salt would want a demanding fan base. And, I think it speaks volumes about what the expectations are at YSU, that many fans what Wolford's contract bought out after this year if the team does not make the playoffs. I can remember a time when 6-5 or 7-4 was considered a good record. I'm glad that is no longer the case, and if YSU does indeed miss the playoffs, I hope several of the big $$$$ people get together and give YSU the money to buyout Wolford's contract.

I also have an idea on how those of us of lesser means can help buy out the contract. Start a GoFundMe account where fans can make donations to help raise the money to buy out the remainder of Wolford's contract. I would donate $10 if such a fund was started, and others were donating. Heck, if I had the money, I'd likely pitch in $5,000 or $10,000, but I'm getting by month-to-month, so giving that much would not be possible.

Offline JFootball2

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 01:53:43 PM »
so because someone murders someone else, and then someone else murders someone that makes it ok? He absolutley is a scumbag, will always see him that way. He wasn't trying to defend anything, he broke the rules and lied about it, he also had trouble with the NCAA at YSU. Definition of a scumbag. i take Wolford over Scumbag 100 out of 100 times.

no YSU is not one of the top FCS jobs, its not even a top job in the confrence.

JFootball2,

First of all, Scumbag Tressel? He did not do anything other coach's at top D1 programs do not do. He messed up at TOSU by not telling the truth. He was trying to defend the players, handle things "in house" and do what he thought was best. That proved to be a costly mistake, one for which he has apologized on multiple occasions.

As for who would want the job, even though YSU is not what they once were in football, this is still one of the top FCS jobs in the country. The facilities are as good as any in FCS, and on par with some schools at the FBS level. Also, as much as attendance has dropped off, YSU is still annually in the top 15-20 for attendance in FCS.

The MVFC is arguably the top conference in all of FCS, and has been among the top 3 since before YSU joined.
The fans in Ytown are very supportive of a team that wins. The fans are demanding, but any coach worth their salt would want a demanding fan base. And, I think it speaks volumes about what the expectations are at YSU, that many fans what Wolford's contract bought out after this year if the team does not make the playoffs. I can remember a time when 6-5 or 7-4 was considered a good record. I'm glad that is no longer the case, and if YSU does indeed miss the playoffs, I hope several of the big $$$$ people get together and give YSU the money to buyout Wolford's contract.

I also have an idea on how those of us of lesser means can help buy out the contract. Start a GoFundMe account where fans can make donations to help raise the money to buy out the remainder of Wolford's contract. I would donate $10 if such a fund was started, and others were donating. Heck, if I had the money, I'd likely pitch in $5,000 or $10,000, but I'm getting by month-to-month, so giving that much would not be possible.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 02:31:32 PM »
People wanting the coaching staff fired are too funny, who's going to take the job to come here? Scumbag Tressel? no thanks.
Boy, you make this one easy. Scumbag Tressel? Other than yourself, I believe every other poster here can conclude who the REAL scumbag is!

Offline JFootball2

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 02:34:13 PM »
Boy, you make this one easy. Scumbag Tressel? Other than yourself, I believe every other poster here can conclude who the REAL scumbag is!

im not the one lying through my teeth to hopefully save my ass from getting fired like Tressel did and watching student athletes get punished for his choices.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 06:41:59 PM »

im not the one lying through my teeth to hopefully save my a$$ from getting fired like Tressel did and watching student athletes get punished for his choices.
I believe you have some emotional and mental problems that no one can help here. You are irrational at best. Any more responses to your posts would just frustrate you even more. When you were a child did mommy and daddy not pay enough attention to you? Please get some professional help!

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »
Jfootball2 is the newest troll on this board
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating