Poll

What is your opinion of the 2014-15 mens OOC basketball schedule?

Embarassing for a school in a league the level of the HL, especially the home games
6 (54.5%)
More of the same old, same old (which is way to old)
1 (9.1%)
A decent schedule
3 (27.3%)
A good schedule
0 (0%)
Road schedule is decent, but home schedule is ATROCIOUS
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Mens Basketball OOC Schedule  (Read 2529 times)

Lets_Talk

Mens Basketball OOC Schedule
« on: August 16, 2014, 09:28:10 AM »
I decided to start a poll in regards to the 2014-15 mens basketball, OOC schedule. There has been alot of discussion about the schedule, especially given football season starts 2 weeks today. So, thought it might be interesting to have a poll and see how people on this board vote. Especially given there seem to be a few posters who think anyone that criticizes the schedule cannot be a fan of YSU sports, and YSU would be better served if these people stopped following YSU sports all together.

ValleyTalk

Re: Mens Basketball OOC Schedule
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »
Bottom line is if we want to sniff the postseason in any tournament, we need to do well in the conference. The schedule at home is weak, but I will be there regardless. I am a huge YSU sports fan and will support our student athletes against any level of competition, whether it be a big time school or a small time school.

I do get a laugh at the fans who do not even attend basketball games that are complaining.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:03:41 PM »
I have been a season ticket holder since 1982.  I will attend the DI basketball games but will boycott the three trash scrimmages.  Those "games" are an insult to every loyal fan who has been supporting this less than stellar program for decades.  If my absence at those "events" removes my status as a "true YSU fan," so be it.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
A true fan both cheerleads as well as criticizes....and even criticizes a lot if necessary.

The worst thing you could do is say "everything is great" when it is not.........like when your once legendary FB team has fallen apart....for example.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen