Author Topic: Mens Basketball  (Read 15798 times)

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Mens Basketball
« on: May 02, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
Any word on mens recruits? Are we signing anybody? We need a big kid!

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Mens Basketball
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »
Too bad IP left the site, he gave all the Basketball news before it reached the press.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:25:36 PM »
We have a whole thread on this here:
http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,8264.0.html

We have 4 commits, 3 freshmen and 1 juco for sure coming in.

Also note the following per Twitter:
"2015 6'2" Matty McConnell (Chartiers Valley HS, PA) picked up an offer from Youngstown state, to go along w/ Robert Morris. @MCM_Hoopstar [2015 Recruiting]"

"Raider Alum, Nick Malonga, will take his 1st official visit tomorrow to Iona. Has officials to N. Florida & Youngstown St in coming weeks."

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 09:15:58 PM »
Too bad IP left the site, he gave all the Basketball news before it reached the press.

Italian Penguin was the best poster on this site. But he got sick and tired of all the B.S. the "know nothings" on the board were allowed to constantly spew.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 12:33:10 PM »
The point i was making to start this post was that we have 2 more scholarships available if I am not mistaken. I hear nothing about us filling those. Are we? We had Perry, Belin, Chonacki, and Podolsky graduator run out of eligibility and Weber and Beamon leave. Thats 6 scholarships and we signed only 4. I keep thinking we need 2 more bodies, a 3 man and a true banger. Whats up?

Offline Iceman

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 08:59:17 PM »

Italian Penguin was the best poster on this site. But he got sick and tired of all the B.S. the "know nothings" on the board were allowed to constantly spew.

He was also the biggest asshat on the site.  His biggest contribution was lobbing insults at other posters for stating their opinions.  Good Riddance

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »
ice cold man, I really believe that Italian Penguin knows more about basketball at YSU than you will ever learn.
I also believe that you were unable to match wits with him and were put in your place by him countless times.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline Iceman

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 02:13:15 AM »
ice cold man, I really believe that Italian Penguin knows more about basketball at YSU than you will ever learn.
I also believe that you were unable to match wits with him and were put in your place by him countless times.

I'd say I won because he is no longer around. This board is a better place without his presence

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 03:14:50 PM »
We have 3 scholarships open. Kyle Stewart is leaving too, I hear. Ooops! Maybe they wanted to keep that a secret as well. Sorry.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 03:17:46 PM »
We have 3 scholarships open. Kyle Stewart is leaving too, I hear. Ooops! Maybe they wanted to keep that a secret as well. Sorry.

Wow! Was hoping he could have a big impact next year. Might have been the starting 4. So that is Beamon, Weber and now Steward. Along with losing KP and Kam. It's going to be a LOOOOONNNGGGGG year coming up. But keep defending Jerry. These kids aren't leaving for no reason ;)

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 04:13:20 PM »

I'd say I won because he is no longer around. This board is a better place without his presence

That's not true at all. I know many people around my section who said they stopped reading this board after Italian Penguin left.

There are a lot of posters who post opinions on here, but not a lot who post inside information/unkown facts. I.P. posted a lot of inside info the people at YSU didn't even know.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »
So would the info (or inside information, as you call it) on Kyle be correct? I know it. Chalk it up. Won't be able to prove it until next year when the roster is posted! Won't be an announcement. Is there ever? You keep defending the most non-transparent athletic administration I have ever witnessed...or imagined. Eventually we all get what we deserve. That time is now. Oh, I got that info from someplace other than "under the streets of 5th avenue". So it is reliable....and correct.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 10:17:59 PM »
That's good inside info. Thanks for sharing. I've heard it was true as well. Not sure what impact, if any this will have next year. His playing time was minimal and he looked like a deer in headlights when he got the ball. But he did have some athletic ability.

If you're going to blame someone for the lack of information out there, blame the local media. They're lazy.

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »
What is the media suppose to do JJ? Ever ask a deaf mute a question? This administration and coaching staff just laughs in our face! And we accept it. No more.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 11:03:19 PM »
Umm okay???... Lol