Author Topic: YSU might lose President Dunn to SIU!!!  (Read 9353 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU might lose President Dunn to SIU!!!
« on: February 16, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
Is it time for Tressel!!!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU might lose President Dunn to SIU!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »
Could we possibly be that fortunate?.

I shall wish upon the first star I see tonight!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
Could we possibly be that fortunate?.

I shall wish upon the first star I see tonight!

Are you hoping that he is leaving or that we get JT, or both?

In my book if he even applied for the job, he is gone. If he gets it so be it if he does not fire him. How can you have faith and trust in someone to lead us into the future if they are looking after 6 months. Don't give me any crap about more money, he knew what the job paid when he accepted it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:51:31 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »
Dunn was yet another bad hire by the incompetent board of trustees. I don't know about tressel for president but as athletic director would be awesome!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »
Maybe Dunn would take Strollo with him.  Then maybe this 3rd class athletic dept could recover.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 11:31:00 PM »
Maybe Dunn would take Strollo with him.  Then maybe this 3rd class athletic dept could recover.

Don't forget Jerry

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:09:48 AM »
Chief among the incompetent board members is Harry Meshel. He is a perfect example of a carpet bagger living off the public trough. Can't he and his mates do anything right?

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:10:22 AM »

Other than Strollo... What other admin in the athletics department would you say is "3rd rate" and holding YSU back?
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 10:56:32 AM »
He's gone. He deleted his Facebook page and was a no show today at a breakfast he was supposed to speak at today.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »
Red flag was ignored here about Randy at his last job, what more do you expect.

YSU should put all his personal belongings to the curb on Wick Ave. today.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »
Everyone here realizes that SIU is about 4 times the size of YSU correct? They are the largest school playing FCS/I-AA football. If numbers serve me, they are larger then 6 Big-10 schools. Certainly Dunn would jump all over that opportunity; especially since he graduated from there and taught there for about 10-years. Although they may have 3 presidents, but I think it is one president with three chancellors ...one for each location.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:10:19 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 06:29:22 PM »
A person can have all the talent in the world, but it means very little if you lack personal integrity.  It is a good thing that the university community learned that Dunn lacked integrity before he could do any damage. 

Looking to the future, I would hope that the trustees stop living in the past and end their obsession with strong academic credentials for the next president.  Academic standards on any campus are sustained by individual faculty members in classrooms and laboratories.  A president can set the tone but has very little to do with the learning process on a daily basis.  Instead a modern college president must have three abilities: a public relations expert, a fund-raiser, and (for a state school) a lobbyist amidst politicians.  A tv report just suggested that the trustees spent $109,000 in the process of selecting Dunn.  They better do a superior, and more cost-effective, job this time around.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 10:25:40 PM »
1AA fan, not sure where you got your info in regards to the size of SIU? SIU has an undergrad enrollment of 13,306 and total full time enrollment of 15,208. Using part time students, total enrollment is 17,964.
http://siu.edu/about-siu/index.php

The only school in the BIG(Big Ten) with less students is Northwestern at 9,555. Second smallest Undergrad enrollment among current BIG schools is Nebraska, with 18,995, then Iowa at 20,574. The other 8 schools all have Undergrad enrollments above 25,000, with 6 of the 8 being above 30,000 enrollment.
http://collegeapps.about.com/od/choosingacollege/a/big-ten-comparison.htm

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 11:21:55 PM »
Check out Randy 'Judas' Dunn's current Wikipedia page (well at least untill it gets changed back) pretty funny.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 06:47:23 AM »
1AA fan, not sure where you got your info in regards to the size of SIU? SIU has an undergrad enrollment of 13,306 and total full time enrollment of 15,208. Using part time students, total enrollment is 17,964.
http://siu.edu/about-siu/index.php

The only school in the BIG(Big Ten) with less students is Northwestern at 9,555. Second smallest Undergrad enrollment among current BIG schools is Nebraska, with 18,995, then Iowa at 20,574. The other 8 schools all have Undergrad enrollments above 25,000, with 6 of the 8 being above 30,000 enrollment.
http://collegeapps.about.com/od/choosingacollege/a/big-ten-comparison.htm

I see they have dropped dramatically over the last 5-years, but still. My figures are 2009 & it shows just over 22k for the Carbondale campus and just over 33k for the entire university. There is 14, 285 at Edwardsville alone (2011 figures). Again I think they have one president and 3 chancellors for the three locations.

Wow, Carbondale campus alone had almost 25k in 2005. We think we have it rough.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:11:42 AM by IAA Fan »