Author Topic: Guins vs South Dakota  (Read 14616 times)

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs Sout Dakota
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 12:26:52 AM »
The $**t is getting real thick now. One win doesnt make up for years of losing, bad coaches and bad management. IP, JJ and Valley must think ysu is headed to march madness after todays win. Keep dreamin. Its people like them that hold ysu athletics back. Accept mediocrity and youll get mediocrity in return.

Goooo guins

Yep people like IP and myself who write checks to the athletics department for tix, donations etc. are bad for the school. Go jump in the Mahoning River.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs South Dakota
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »
Hey jj. Is that what strollo calls you when he bends you over? Slocum himself said after the ysu game they suck. And you suck slocum. Lol. Go stick your head in an oven

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 01:37:47 PM »
I will never understand why people attack the messenger & not the message. Even if a comment is the worst that you have ever read ...the person posting it is not the only one thinking that way. S address the issues.

This is simply the perfect game to have going into league play. Granted USD has more offense than the HL, but that remains to be seen ...with new rules in place, everyone is scoring.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
I will never understand why people attack the messenger & not the message. Even if a comment is the worst that you have ever read ...the person posting it is not the only one thinking that way. S address the issues.

This is simply the perfect game to have going into league play. Granted USD has more offense than the HL, but that remains to be seen ...with new rules in place, everyone is scoring.

I agree. But when a person lies and says our head coach said the other team "sucked" after the game, how can you possibly let that lie go?
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
I do recall something being said. I think it was after Austine Peay or UMKC loss. Nothing that I would take as bad.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »
Yeah I'm sure slocum said South Dakota sucked. Get lost!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »
Slocum said, "We suck" after the loss to U Mass when being interviewed by Rob Schmidt in the post-game interview.

I thought it was hilarious, and that it showed some passion.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Spiderlegs

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 10:50:33 PM »
Kind of surprised at the belief here that one good win means all the problems with YSU basketball are solved.  Slocum had a lot to say about this game, and the season to date.  None of the posters, though, could explain why YSU did so well, or how it was different from earlier games against weak teams. Weak analysis--just a bunch of boosterism.  I agree with those who say that this board is a bunch of trash. Folks who run it should be embarrassed. I'm leaving.  Bye.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 12:19:25 AM »
Kind of surprised at the belief here that one good win means all the problems with YSU basketball are solved.  Slocum had a lot to say about this game, and the season to date.  None of the posters, though, could explain why YSU did so well, or how it was different from earlier games against weak teams. Weak analysis--just a bunch of boosterism.  I agree with those who say that this board is a bunch of trash. Folks who run it should be embarrassed. I'm leaving.  Bye.
Nobody said all problems are solved. Not by a longshot. This team is certainly flawed. But it's also very fun to watch and very competitive, especially when compared to a few years ago. Kendrick Perry is as fun a player to watch here as any I've seen in the 30+ years I've been going to games. Yes I am a booster. And goodbye.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 06:24:20 AM »
Don't get all pumped with this victory.  S. Dakota is 3-10.  Wait till the Hoizon League.  I was at the game and 1800 fans was generous.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 09:33:47 AM »
"Pride" is correct. Never get excited about victories. Only get depressed over losses.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »
Don't get all pumped with this victory.  S. Dakota is 3-10.  Wait till the Hoizon League.  I was at the game and 1800 fans was generous.

Another great positive post. YSU did everything right this game, played great defense, had go play down low and dominated from start to finish. Pride chimes in with an attendance report and telling us, not asking us, BUT TELLING US, not to get pumped.

Should we write off all of our wins. Including Eastern Kentucky who is 9-4 with their only losses coming to VCU IN OVERTIME!!!! NC State, Wisconsin and YSU!!!!

Should we write off the FIU win, a team that's 8-6 and beat a sweet 16 team in Florida Golf Coast.

Or just write off the South Dakota team a 3-10 school who pushed Kansas State and Green Bay to the final second.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014, 08:00:21 AM »
Don't get your panties in a bunch everyone.  Yes YSU did good and I am proud of that but now lets see how we fair in the League.   The only good win we have is EKU.  FIU lost to a Div 2 team I believe so don't put much on that win we had.  We also lost to a suck ass UMKC and Austin Peay.   Without the ability to rebound we are in trouble in the league.  Wait and see.   Happy New Year!

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »
Only judge teams by their losses not their wins. Got it!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »
Don't get your panties in a bunch everyone.  Yes YSU did good and I am proud of that but now lets see how we fair in the League.   The only good win we have is EKU.  FIU lost to a Div 2 team I believe so don't put much on that win we had.  We also lost to a suck a$$ UMKC and Austin Peay.   Without the ability to rebound we are in trouble in the league.  Wait and see.   Happy New Year!

We shut down their big the other day (7 points) that excelled vs. Kansas State and UWGB. He scored 18 vs. Kansas State and 16 vs. UWGB who has the best big in the league in Alec Brown.

We shut him down by our defense early. He was never the same after our defense led him to get an early technical foul called on him. It was mainly a combination of a low double-team by our F and G.

That early defense came down to coaching. Give credit where credit is due. Coaching, more specifically the aspect of scouting, of USD led to the blowout. Let's hope that style defense down low works in Horizon League play.