Author Topic: YSU VS Pitt basketball  (Read 12888 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU VS Pitt basketball
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 02:37:57 PM »
It is a good thing that some of our newer posters were not around years ago when the basketball team really, really stunk.  New people, it can get worse....much worse.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 02:42:56 PM »
Overall ysu finishes the regular season around .500 and they finish aro und the middle of the HL. No contradiction there. Just facts. You need to get your head into reality and out of slocums butt

Hell of contradiction.  YSU is getting what thy are paying for - that's means Slocum is doing the job he was hired for and not that Division I is too big of a stage for him.  You've said YSU can't do any better than middle of the pack - and that's what they are - not a cause to fire a coach. 

I've seen a helluva a lot worse at YSU with a higher level of commitment relative to their peers.  Jim Cleamons and John Stroia come immediately to mind. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 05:10:26 PM »
I just do not think Slocum is getting the full potential out of this team. Too much talent to not be competing for a HL title.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »
I just do not think Slocum is getting the full potential out of this team. Too much talent to not be competing for a HL title.
Which is it clown...you complain about recruiting shortcomings...then talk about all the talent. Make up your feeble mind.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 05:17:12 PM »
Which is it clown...you complain about recruiting shortcomings...then talk about all the talent. Make up your feeble mind.

Keep up with the name calling, it's mature. And i have said that Slocum has been recruiting better as of late (Thanks to assistant coach Steve Hall). Talent is starting to come, Slocum just isnt the right coach to lead them. My two cents.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 10:21:28 PM »
I agree with you that by now, it would be nice to see YSU being able to beat teams like KENT, Akron, Robert  Morris(finally won this year), UMKC, Austin Peay and quality teams from the mid-major conferences on a regular basis. But, UMASS and PITT? You do realize these are schools with long histories of success in basketball? PITT is now in the ACC, possibly the #1 basketball conference in the country. PITT is 22nd in RPI. Before the ACC, PITT was in the old Big East.

UMASS is 2nd in RPI, and they play in the A10, which is a much better conference top-to-bottom that the HL.

YSU also plays teams of this type on the road.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 12:08:20 AM »
I'm a little more skeptical of the recruiting. Seems like YSU can't get bigs. This is particularly troubling this year--KP's last season and a chance to do something, but not surrounded by a team that can help him out. This was quite predictable.