Author Topic: So what happens now...  (Read 37460 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: So what happens now...
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2013, 01:58:30 PM »
Renew Wolford's contract for three years at same salary level, but take away the buyout provision and turn him into an at-will employee until the playoffs are a routine event. Allows him to build on his success (he has had success, just not as much as we would like) and also allows YSU to dump him if he can't build on his success.

W. really has to give on the scheduling thing. The 2-3 weak schools + FBS money game isn't working. Strengthen the FCS non-conference schedule, and move to a winnable FBS game.

I don't think it is that easy.

The scheduling has at least improved in that we don't play D2 teams anymore.

The schedule hurt the playoff chances as much as the coaching and players hurt our chances. We can beat several teams that were seeded, and beat them handily. Weighting the schedule a little heavier in the beginning of the season would have helped us as well in the eyes of others. However, as Paladin pointed out, the prerequisite has changed again. Now we have 8 div 1 wins in the toughest conference and played an entirely d1 scheudle. Regardless of when the wins and losses come the record is still the record and the timing of the losses is subjective and political.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't! Sam Houston State played 2 DII's and ended up with 6 D-1 win's and are in the playoffs! YSU is screwed anyway you look at it. "IF" we went 11-1 and got the auto bid some how YSU would have been a 4 seed LOL  8)

Sam Houston played NO Division II schools.  Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word are both FCS Independents and will be in the Southland next year.

That's what I get for using AGS as my source of information  ::)

Hey - this is the third thread here I posted it on the forum in the last two days.  :)

You need to read me more often.  LOL

Incarnate Word started their program in 2009 and was in Division II last year.

Houston Baptist is a first year program.

In other words, Division II teams are better than either of them.