Author Topic: Guins vs. NDSU - in Game Thread  (Read 33795 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. NDSU - in Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2013, 09:53:32 PM »
Please get a defensive coordinator that knows how to hit people in the mouth like we used to in the good ole days!

May make the playoffs but defense needs to improve to make any kind of run.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2013, 11:45:32 PM »
The V 2 was a blast. Youngstown was fun. We partied had a great tailgate met some cool people the game was great from ndsu side. We just ran and ran....hard fought your coach was an idiot that wasn't even a late hit go watch the dvr

Beat the JACKasses and make the playoffs and meet us in Frisco

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2013, 05:36:44 AM »
Thanks Lakebison, for the vote of confidence, god knows we need it.  Hope to see you down the road in the play-offs.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »
Attendance was poor.
Our coaches aren't any good because our players aren't any good.
Our fans aren't any good.

So what's the point and why should anyone support the team?

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2013, 08:52:29 AM »
The V 2 was a blast. Youngstown was fun. We partied had a great tailgate met some cool people the game was great from ndsu side. We just ran and ran....hard fought your coach was an idiot that wasn't even a late hit go watch the dvr

Beat the JACKasses and make the playoffs and meet us in Frisco
If YSU makes the playoffs, don't expect us to meet in Frisco. I truly believe in east coast bias by the committee. They will rig the bracket to  make sure that no two MVFC teams will meet there....

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »
Last thing and I'll let the NDSU game go... Where is all this YSU team speed? Really.. We played a team that is a bunch corn feed thick guy's and all our so called athletic southern speed burners looked like they were running in lead boots :-\

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2013, 11:40:10 PM »
Simple, Red. Our speed was on the field but couldn't get off blocks. NDS had 2 really nice RBs who cut well off blocks on the line and downfield and they may be thick , but they weren't slow. Both saw the field well and used their blockers as outstanding talent does. They were impressive but credit the blocking. It was championship grade.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:42:48 PM by paladin »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2013, 03:48:32 PM »
BTW who heard the YSU fans, players and staff yelling "cheater" every time NDSU committed a foul? It was awesome.

That is in honor of Bison idiot radio personality that felt his opinion on coach Tressel was needed. At the end of the day, we all know he will be stuck on a local radio station, in Fargo ND the rest of his career. While Jim Tressel spent 25-years (and counting) taking 10 different teams, from two-different colleges, to a national championship game.

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2013, 03:55:57 PM »
BTW who heard the YSU fans, players and staff yelling "cheater" every time NDSU committed a foul? It was awesome.

That is in honor of Bison idiot radio personality that felt his opinion on coach Tressel was needed. At the end of the day, we all know he will be stuck on a local radio station, in Fargo ND the rest of his career. While Jim Tressel spent 25-years (and counting) taking 10 different teams, from two-different colleges, to a national championship game.

Seriously, you need to get your head screwed on straight.  Your fans yelling cheater at NDSU? 
Irony at its worst. 

I could give a ratsass about Tressel, but to keep reminding everyone of the scandal. 
Smart move YSU fans.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »

Seriously, you need to get your head screwed on straight.  Your fans yelling cheater at NDSU? 
Irony at its worst. 

I could give a ratsass about Tressel, but to keep reminding everyone of the scandal. 
Smart move YSU fans.

Yes we would not want that announcer to think get too big-headed. Just a little light-hearted humor & I liked it. Took some of the sting off a of a bad game. I already said thanks to all those Bison-faithful that stood and applauded all of our hall-of-famers ...very respectable. There are just as many opinions in Ytown, about the incident, as anywhere else ...if not more. However, when a man as busy as coach Tressel stops me and asks me how my father's sight is doing (my father had eye problems) after almost 15-years ...I know what kind of man he truly is. Besides I will forget about this game after a while, but I will always remember his kind words ...along with the shocked and pleased expression on Tressell's face when the crowd erupted for him. Win or lose, that is what Penguin football is all about.

Make sure all of your fan-base know we appreciate you coming ...it is nice to get some opposing fans. Definitely the largest this year.

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »

Irony at its worst. 

Smart move YSU fans.

Yes we would not want that announcer to think get too big-headed.

habla usted ingles?  :)

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
Let the Bison fans enjoy their time in the sun. We know it can end quickly.  All the  ND fans I met seem like good people & fans. 8)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2013, 08:44:50 PM »
Simple, Red. Our speed was on the field but couldn't get off blocks. NDS had 2 really nice RBs who cut well off blocks on the line and downfield and they may be thick , but they weren't slow. Both saw the field well and used their blockers as outstanding talent does. They were impressive but credit the blocking. It was championship grade.

I can agree to disagree with what you posted. Our team speed is average at best. #29 has good wheels other than that???

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2013, 09:05:06 PM »
Webb, #20 is faster. So is #4 Stubbs, #9 Wheary, #16 Caver, & #5 Hymes. He is elusive, not to be confused  with fastest. He is elusive because he has good field vision, cuts well off of and uses his blockers well . Player for player, this is one of the fastest teams in years at YSU, position by position.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »
Let the Bison fans enjoy their time in the sun. We know it can end quickly.  All the  ND fans I met seem like good people & fans. 8)

I agree, Georgia Southern had their turn, YSU Appy now NDSU, a nice 3-6 year run then back to reality.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne