Author Topic: A Message to YSU Fans From Eric Wolford  (Read 30670 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
A Message to YSU Fans From Eric Wolford
« on: November 11, 2013, 04:14:18 PM »
Just saw this posted today.... A message directly from Coach Wolford himself. Make up of it what you will!

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/20131110rc7cno

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: A Message to YSU Fans From Eric Wolford
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
Desperate times call for desperate measures!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 05:40:50 PM »
There is no excitement in the community for this game like there was before the UNI contest last September.  It is entirely appropriate for Wolford to beg for support.  His coaching performance on Saturday did much to deflate enthusiasm for his team.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 05:50:19 PM »
And if you make too much noise you will be asked to leave the stadium.  Knit one. pearl two.
The atmosphere at the stadium has to change and that isn't up to the coaches.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 06:01:34 PM »
I like what Wolford did. It's actually a shame he has to do this!!! Get your butts in the seats people and make some noise. It's a football game. I'm gonna stand and cheer, and could care less what any others think around me!

Spiderlegs

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »
Somebody's got to promote the game if the athletic department won't. Still the biggest game at YSU in a long time, even in the wake of last weekend.

Offline letsgoguins

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 06:17:13 PM »
Somebody's got to promote the game if the athletic department won't. Still the biggest game at YSU in a long time, even in the wake of last weekend.
It is absolutely appalling that the athletic marketing department has done NOTHING to promote this game besides giving veterans 4 free tickets and throwing Wolford out there in desperate fashion.

We at the LetsGoGuins twitter community plan to start tonight with other major twitter accounts to spread the word about this game. It was a GRASSROOTS effort that nearly landed us College Gameday, not the work of the athletic marketing department. It will take a GRASSROOTS effort to get people to this game because some don't seem to want to do their job, a job we as taxpayers PAY them to do.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »
I believe it is also Senior Night this Saturday.
Lets show our support for these kids!!!

Heard rumor that players are looking for tickets for their
families and friends.  Maybe those in the know can get
the unused corporate tickets headed their way.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 06:25:29 PM »
They need to put the facebook share thing on there. That is the fastest way to spread the word!

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »
we need 22,000 SUPER FANS! You have to give it up for the SUPER FAN. he may have been mentally ill, but he sure knew how to root for his GUINS!

As much as I love Youngstown it is as backwards as any place in America. We don't even have good football fans.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 06:53:52 PM »
I'm not into criticizing the fans who come to the games, especially those who sit through the rain and cold.  This is downright mean. Many of the folks around me are retired and have supported YSU and this team for decades. The women who sits on one side of me has been attending since 1967.  On the other side, there's an 80ish woman who skipped a game this year for surgery and then showed up two weeks later in the rain with her poncho. I'm surprised that they are still out and about, and hope I am so able when I reach their ages. Sometimes we need to show a little respect. This board isn't going to go anywhere if we are going to start criticizing the biggest supporters of the university.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 07:22:31 PM »
The fact that the head coach of our football team has to send out a letter to the fans asking and practically begging for people to come out and show support these 2 games for an 8-2 football team is sad....

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »
I AM WITH YOU COACH WOLFORD!! I WILL BE THERE AND I WILL BE LOUD!!!   WOO HOO PUMP IT UP PENGUINATION!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 08:45:18 PM »
I believe it is also Senior Night this Saturday.
Lets show our support for these kids!!!

Heard rumor that players are looking for tickets for their
families and friends.  Maybe those in the know can get
the unused corporate tickets headed their way.
Senior Day is the last home game vs South Dakota St Nov 23. This Sat is Hall of Fame week as King Tressel comes back to be inducted. Wick is spot on. Had Wolford coached well this past Saturday, the hype would have taken care of itself.

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 08:58:18 PM »
Coach Wolf criticized some players after the Michigan state game saying they had stage fright.  I think coach Wolf struggles a little bit also when the lights are on and as he says "playing in the big rodeo".