Author Topic: Najee Tyler  (Read 3826 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Najee Tyler
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:48:39 PM »
Remember when he came to YSU after leaving Purdue and being a top recruit in high school?? Was supposed to be our starting QB. Well he got beat out by a RS Freshman named Kurt Hess.... Just found out he's at Hampton now... Playing TE, not QB. Does not have 1 catch on the year. Wow what a waste of some good talent!

kforbs126

Re: Najee Tyler
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
Remember when he came to YSU after leaving Purdue and being a top recruit in high school?? Was supposed to be our starting QB. Well he got beat out by a RS Freshman named Kurt Hess.... Just found out he's at Hampton now... Playing TE, not QB. Does not have 1 catch on the year. Wow what a waste of some good talent!

I looked him up earlier this year and saw that.  Definite bust but this happens a lot, big time recruit never really makes it.  Hopefully he gets an education out of all of it.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »

I looked him up earlier this year and saw that.  Definite bust but this happens a lot, big time recruit never really makes it.  Hopefully he gets an education out of all of it.

Amen

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 06:11:51 AM »
Why I never put too much emphasis on the whole star system for recruiting.  Guy's like Eric Decker at Minnesota who had one division one offer and blow up then you have guy's who just don't live up to the hype.  Remember Sentreal Henderson was supposed to be the greatest lineman ever, spurned USC and flirted with Ohio State before landing with the Canes....I seldom hear his name.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »
Why I never put too much emphasis on the whole star system for recruiting.  Guy's like Eric Decker at Minnesota who had one division one offer and blow up then you have guy's who just don't live up to the hype.  Remember Sentreal Henderson was supposed to be the greatest lineman ever, spurned USC and flirted with Ohio State before landing with the Canes....I seldom hear his name.

Henderson is the starting LT for Miami so he seems to be doing alright lol

kforbs126

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:24:24 PM »

Henderson is the starting LT for Miami so he seems to be doing alright lol

Yeah but he's been nothing but a disappointment and somewhat of a problem.  He was suspended for a game this year.  I'm a huge Miami fan and he definitely has not lived up to his hype.