Author Topic: USD In-Game Thread  (Read 73812 times)

kforbs126

Re: USD In-Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »
Absolutely terrible.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »
Our d sucks!!!

Offense sucks worse and they get all the attention..  ;)

kforbs126

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2013, 03:30:11 PM »
Why does YSU take a time out?  And this is where the extra point will come back to haunt us.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2013, 03:30:45 PM »
The offense is fine. We've been moving the ball. Defense had 2 big stops at the end of the first half. Just stupid mistakes, penalties and turnovers are killing us.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »
Way too many mistakes. They have scored more points in the 1st half then they avg all game.  We should be pounding this team.

kforbs126

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2013, 03:34:48 PM »
This is pathetic, zero urgency could have easily got into field goal range.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »
Horrible ending to the half......why do we continue to use up timeouts throughout the half.  That drives me crazy!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »
That was the worst attempt at a 2 minute drill I've ever seen. If you can call it that... Why not try and get a FG???? I'm confused.

Offline stuperman17

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2013, 03:36:03 PM »
Yea I don't agree with just letting that run out.  You're at midfield with 25 seconds to go (should be more if they had more urgency), and you just let it run out.  Stupid.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2013, 03:38:43 PM »
Wtf is up with the play calling and clock managment at the end of the half?

We run the ball and waste a time out?  Anything can happen. We should have thrown to the end zone. You bever know if you would get a pass interference penalty?  WOW!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:42:27 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2013, 03:44:58 PM »
This game is weird that's for sure

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »
Wtf is up with the play calling and clock managment at the end of the half?

We run the ball and waste a time out?  Anything can happen. We should have thrown to the end zone. You bever know if you would get a pass interference penalty?  WOW!

Worst head coach in the valley.. BUT!! One of the best recruiters. Something's got to give.

I love SDU's coach.. He looks like a young Vince Lombardy  :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:49:35 PM by ysubigred »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »
320 yards and nothing to show for it. Our defense, as usual, makes a mediocre to poor offense look spectacular. If this is all we have, there is no way I want a play-off game. At least not one at home. Congrats Wolf, that half of football just confirmed all of our worst fears. They do not get any easier the rest of the way.

Get down to some ball control. Bench Stubbs and Childs. Dial-up some pressure. This inability to pound the ball makes me sick to my stomach. USD's line is not even breathing heavy, as all we do is fail with finesse.

No wonder USD is undefeated at home, terrible turf gives no one a chance & they are used to it. Same issue we had when we had AstroTurf. All of our guys are limping and Joey missed a kick. You know he never misses. I bet he will tell you that he cannot plant his foot.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:53:47 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
320 yards and nothing to show for it. Our defense, as usual, makes a mediocre to poor offense look spectacular. If this is all we have, there is no way I want a play-off game. At least not one at home. Congrats Wolf, that half of football just confirmed all of our worst fears. They do not get any easier the rest of the way.

Get down to some ball control. Bench Stubbs and Childs. Dial-up some pressure. This inability to pound the ball makes me sick to my stomach. USD's line is not even breathing heavy, as all we do is fail with finesse.

No wonder USD is undefeated at home, terrible turf gives no one a chance & they are used to it. Same issue we had when we had AstroTurf.

We also have to beat the ref's on defense... I have not seen a play yet where SDU has not held #33.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »
Maybe when Tressel is at Stambaugh in a few weeks he can tell Wolford 6 isnt always better than 3.  Mark my words this guy will lose a critical game by not taking the points.  He is a hard head.  I know the game has evolved but Tressel and Paterno won a lot of games kicking field goals.....