Author Topic: Guins vs. Trees In-Game Thread  (Read 25603 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Guins vs. Trees In-Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »
The bottom line is we could not stop them early. We could not drive this entire game. It was all big plays. Big plays are as much luck as skill. A well-crafted drive is ALL SKILL. I have not seen one all year. Every time we brought pressure, ISU knew exactly where it was coming from and dropped the ball in that part of the secondary for a big gain.

Those last two ISU scores are inexcusable! No way that happens against any other team in the conference.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 08:51:22 PM »
Therefore.....Fire Tresey

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 09:30:15 PM »
We have a better than average team. Was that way in 2009....is that way now. Nothing this year shows me we are ready to win the conference or win more than 1 game in the "overly diluted" playoffs which by default, 20 teams make.

That's the reality of it. But then again, anything can happen in the next 6 weeks.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 10:02:20 PM »

Those last two ISU scores are inexcusable! No way that happens against any other team in the conference.

I am not happy about any score but making a team burn 4 and a half minutes and 16 plays to go 87 yards with 7 or so minutes in the game when you have a 3 score lead is not so bad.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »
Here you people go again... We won the game. Your not supposed to be playing your best football right now. We are good against the run, so obviously teams are gonna pass the ball against us. We ALL know this!! Our pass defense is bad.... WE ALL KNOW THIS. I've never seen so many people complain over a team that won a game. The defense made some plays when it had to. Pick 6 turned the game around. You guys gonna complain that Smith didn't run fast enough to the end zone? Yes the defense has it's problems, but I see improvement. Teven and Travis Williams are all over. Rivers off the edge is getting a good pass rush. The Offense did have a bad game, but we still ended up winning the game.... Ok I'm done for the night. Enjoy this win people. GO GUINS!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 10:19:54 PM »
Here you people go again... We won the game. Your not supposed to be playing your best football right now. We are good against the run, so obviously teams are gonna pa$$ the ball against us. We ALL know this!! Our pa$$ defense is bad.... WE ALL KNOW THIS. I've never seen so many people complain over a team that won a game. The defense made some plays when it had to. Pick 6 turned the game around. You guys gonna complain that Smith didn't run fast enough to the end zone? Yes the defense has it's problems, but I see improvement. Teven and Travis Williams are all over. Rivers off the edge is getting a good pa$$ rush. The Offense did have a bad game, but we still ended up winning the game.... Ok I'm done for the night. Enjoy this win people. GO GUINS!

A voice of reason!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2013, 10:40:45 PM »
Here you people go again... We won the game. Your not supposed to be playing your best football right now. We are good against the run, so obviously teams are gonna pa$$ the ball against us. We ALL know this!! Our pa$$ defense is bad.... WE ALL KNOW THIS. I've never seen so many people complain over a team that won a game. The defense made some plays when it had to. Pick 6 turned the game around. You guys gonna complain that Smith didn't run fast enough to the end zone? Yes the defense has it's problems, but I see improvement. Teven and Travis Williams are all over. Rivers off the edge is getting a good pa$$ rush. The Offense did have a bad game, but we still ended up winning the game.... Ok I'm done for the night. Enjoy this win people. GO GUINS!

Amen.  It's amazing how much fault people can find in a win. 

ValleyTalk

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 11:30:22 PM »
A few of our fans are some of the crabbiest bunch of college football fans in the land. Never ever ever happy.

We are 5-1! Stop the damn complaining. My Lord we are well on our way to an 8-1 start and all I see is how BAD we are.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2013, 12:33:34 AM »
I would not chalk up a win against Ill st. just yet!  They give us fits!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2013, 12:37:20 AM »
In this league you can't chalk anything up, but they got pounded last week to Misery State. They did win this week. They got a nice offense, but a weaker defense.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2013, 01:14:58 AM »
I'll add one more thing. A win, on the road, in our conference is big. Against any team. We've won back to back conference road games since Wolf has been here. THE TEAM IS GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. Enjoy it people.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »

Our luck may run out this week, because we have been winning on luck.

I will say though that I liked how our OL got at lot of push in the 3d and 4th qtr.  The LOS was going in our favor. That was nice to see. We still had some trouble picking up the blitz. 

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2013, 10:44:13 AM »
YSU played as expected against a lower half MVFC team. The D limited scoring for much of the game but shows we are still hampered with average personnel on the DL. The O still moves along , but I fear the better teams may well stuff them. Hess was erratic. Ruiz is a true find.  The soft part of the schedule continues and only SDS shows any sign of being a possible YSU win, depending on how we play . UNI and  NDSU still are the class  of the league.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2013, 11:58:52 AM »
A few of our fans are some of the crabbiest bunch of college football fans in the land. Never ever ever happy.

We are 5-1! Stop the damn complaining. My Lord we are well on our way to an 8-1 start and all I see is how BAD we are.

If our schedule was reversed, we would be 2-4 right now with no chance of the post-season. (outside of mop-up duty against a top team that would embarrass us like NDSU or MSU did). Valley, I am not sure how long you have been a fan of YSU football, but to most of us here ...how you play the game is just as (if not more) important than whether you win or lose. So 5-1 has little meaning right now, when you let the worst team in the conference back in a game like that. or you let a bottom-half club dominate you for an entire half. Or you let a team score 60-points on you. Do you think that is fun to watch?

Sure we all know that Pitt lost last year's game themselves ...dropped passes and such. However, the win was so big to the program ...as a fan you let things slide. Then a couple weeks later our colors came through and the ceiling came down on the season. Your opinion of this conference is completely wrong.

The top teams in this conference have the best defenses in the nation. That is it. It would seem to me that if no one could score against you, then you do not need much more than an awesome field goal kicker to win any game. This is YSU football to me ..and I think you find will that anyone over the age of 35. Incidentally, you will find that the average age of a YSU fan is closer to 50.

ISU should not have scored. We gave them everything they got, with the exception of the first FG, which they had to settle for because their offense was atrocious.  Our first score was a single play drive, 44-yards for a TD. Our second score was a pick-6. Our third TD was a solid effort of 77-yards and a whole 2-minutes off the clock. In the mean time our defense gave up 5 drives of no less than 75 yards, that only resulted in 2 scores because of ISU's terrible red-zone execution.

The second half started out wonderful with an 80-yard 5-minute Penguin drive for a TD. Then we just played like a junior-high ball club the rest of the way ...while being dominated by that same inept ISU team.

Now you may think that winning is all that matters, but you are wrong. You may think that offense wins games, then you need to follow another team and conference. In the mean time, these are my Penguins and I expect a certain style of football to be played. A tradition of excellence and dominance to be maintained.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2013, 12:52:31 PM »
The team is 5-1. Did you guys know that?