Author Topic: Dayton Game  (Read 58986 times)

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Dayton Game
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 09:08:56 PM »
The fact is..... We went to the semi finals.  If we fired him in 05 ( we split the conference that year) we prob wouldn't have gone to the semi finals in 06. What's your point?  You probably never played football, right?

The fact is, he is one of the worst HCs we have seen in the last 50 years, his track record does speak for itself after all,  if not the worst. you should probably stop calling people out after you get owned so hard the first time, just a tip. so How many more facts are you going to leave out to fit you're worthless agenda? still ignoring the fact he only made the playoffs twice in almost a decade? thats pretty sh**ty if you ask me, and many many many others at YSU. But hey keep telling yourself whatever lies you have too i guess.

I wonder what universe having 2 good years in a decade is acceptable, i sure hope YSU never sinks to that low again

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 09:46:16 PM »
This year we have actually gotten into the offenses backfield (note: Its against Dayton)...Next year maybe we will be able to tackle?

Offline YTOWNALUM

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
What about having zero good years?? 

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2013, 10:20:30 PM »
27 - 20 Dayton is a laughable prediction....our starters will not see a snap in the second half.....

........ :o

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2013, 10:21:10 PM »
I have never heard of College Sports Madness.  I guess every American has a constitutional right to be ignorant and to demonstrate that quality over the internet.  If I hear any more talk about 0-9 vs. Dayton, I am going to puke.  Even Scalzo screwed that up in the Vindicator today when he stated that both YSU and Dayton were D2 during the last meeting in 1977.  For the benefit of young posters, Dayton held a huge scholarship advantage in each and every of those nine games.  They were in the top classification every time while we were first called "small college" and then D2.  Now, our 63 scholarships go up against their "need-based" grants.  27-20.  Right.  That will happen on the same day that Columbiana beats St. Ignatius.

......... :o

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2013, 10:22:28 PM »
Gonna be closer than people think.... Ysu by 17
....... :)....... ;)...... >:(

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »
This game won't even be close.  Come on Dayton fans, your just not in the same league....

......... :o

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »
Defense played OK on the bright side.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2013, 10:38:32 PM »
I want YSU to be successful and I hate to harp on the negatives but where do we go from here (Dayton game)?  After 4 recruiting classes how do you not have someone that makes a difference on the defense?  I dont see where we are plugging in players after graduation and building a program we were told they would build?  Recruiting may be better and should be based on the facilities that YSU offers at this level but gameday prep and ingame coaching is a big concern.....  With that said im sure Wolford is upset with his teams performance and execution.  However, its the coaches job to get the most out of the players and have them succeed and overachieve......
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:40:02 PM by goodnews »

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2013, 10:38:44 PM »
Sideline reporter girl is cute too!!!

So we have that going for us.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2013, 11:00:16 PM »
What about having zero good years??

not enough to keep his job  8) but like i said, you keep ignoring those years before 06, you just dig a deeper hole with every childish post.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:02:03 PM by AFGuin »

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2013, 11:01:31 PM »
Ugly win, Hess played pretty bad tonight but the offense did score a TD every quarter, on to morehead state

ValleyTalk

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2013, 11:07:51 PM »
Hess was bad. He never had it tonight. Bellamy looked very good. That was the big time D1 recruit we expected to see 3 years ago. Glad he is finally healthy.

Defense was the story of the night. They were pretty darn good with great pressure on the Dayton QB,  a couple of interceptions, and a couple of sacks. Rush defense is stout and the pass defense held its own and had numerous pass breakups. When Peterman comes back, it will be better.

At the end of the day we won 28-10 despite having four turnovers. Dayton really only sustained one real long drive all night and that was when they scored the TD. They should win 6-7 games this year.

Eliminate the turnovers and get Hess' head out of his you know what before this Morehead State game.

Not the performance we wanted to see, but numerous weaknesses were exposed in game 1 that can be fixed. Lets see how this staff responds.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »
Ugly win, Hess played pretty bad tonight but the offense did score a TD every quarter, on to morehead state

Ditto
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2013, 11:27:17 PM »
Hess was bad. He never had it tonight. Bellamy looked very good. That was the big time D1 recruit we expected to see 3 years ago. Glad he is finally healthy.

Defense was the story of the night. They were pretty darn good with great pressure on the Dayton QB,  a couple of interceptions, and a couple of sacks. Rush defense is stout and the pass defense held its own and had numerous pass breakups. When Peterman comes back, it will be better.

At the end of the day we won 28-10 despite having four turnovers. Dayton really only sustained one real long drive all night and that was when they scored the TD. They should win 6-7 games this year.

Eliminate the turnovers and get Hess' head out of his you know what before this Morehead State game.

Not the performance we wanted to see, but numerous weaknesses were exposed in game 1 that can be fixed. Lets see how this staff responds.

I dont care how the front 7 looked, no matter what happened theres absolutley nothing you can get a read on about the front 7 after tonight, Dayton has an OL smaller then some HS teams around North East Ohio.  If they couldn't dominate then we aren't winning 5 games this year.