Author Topic: Men's Basketball Recruiting Target 6-7 Sidney Umude (2014)  (Read 5977 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Men's Basketball Recruiting Target 6-7 Sidney Umude (2014)
« on: July 25, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »
YSU has offerred ESPN 3-star power forward Sidney Umude of Ft. Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas per Twitter reports

E1T1Elite ‏@E1T1Elite 22h
2013 F Sidney Umude holds offers from: Liberty, Youngstown St, FGCU, FIU, Murray St, Boston U, Texas Pan American & LA Tech.

ESPN's scouting report

Strengths:
Umude is a athletic and active forward that runs the floor extremely well. He is an above the rim finisher on the break and when he gets by his defender in the halfcourt set. Umude is a good straight line driver from the high post, low wing and along the baseline. He knocks down mid range shots and wide open 3's when his feet are set with time and space. Umude is also a factor on the glass on both ends in and out of area. He is also capable of defending both inside and out on the perimeter. Umude also is a decent shot blocker that plays with hustle and good energy.

Weaknesses:
Umude will have to continue to add strength in order to be effective inside. He will also need to improve his ball handling and shooting to the point where he can get his shot off quicker and make it more consistent.

Bottom Line:
Umude is a combination forward that is productive on the break, in the post and from the mid range areas. He has a presence on the glass as well. Umude has improved at a steady pace and has tremendous upside.

Offline letsgoguins

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
3-Star Sidney Umude (FL) Verbally Commits to YSU MBB
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:30:59 PM »
Nice pickup for our 2014 cla$$. We land Sydney Umude from St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Seems like Slocum and Wolford have a knack of landing top level recruits from the Sunshine State.

Link to ESPN page: espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/178452/sidney-umude

Twitter: @RussHoops: 2014 St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) forward Sidney Umude has committed to Youngstown State. @Thatkidd_sid

Offers to: Murray State, Liberty, FGCU, FIU, Boston U, Texas Pan American & LA Tech.

Go YSU!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:38:18 PM by letsgoguins »

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's Basketball Commit 6-7 Sidney Umude (2014)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »
AS posted  earlier by LetsGoGuins, Umude committed today to YSU.

Here is a highlight tape - I watched a bit and learned he can run the floor and dunk and no one goes to high school games in South Florida.  :)

http://verbalcommits.com/players/sidney-umude

EDIT - Thanks to I-AA Fan for combining the two threads.  I also updated the master thread pinned at the top of the page.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:28:06 PM by ysuindy »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's Basketball Recruiting Target 6-7 Sidney Umude (2014)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:13:19 PM »
Nice pickup. Reminds me of Kam except a little skinner with more athletic ability.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:09:08 PM »
When I see FGCU and Murray State, I get excited. Folks, when Slocum first got here, we recruited D1/D2 level recruits. In the past 2-3 years or so, we started recruiting lower level D1 recruits, but still D1 recruits, now we are recruiting solid mid-major recruits. The proof is in the pudding and you see it with our improvement over the past couple seasons.

20 wins is a must this year and top 3 in the league.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »
Further confirmation on Umude's commit

Steve Gorten ‏@sgorten 45m
Per his HS coach, @STA_Raiders senior basketball player Sidney Umude (6-7, 210 F) has committed to Youngstown State & will sign next week