Author Topic: NDSU @ YSU 2013  (Read 4611 times)

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
NDSU @ YSU 2013
« on: July 15, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »
When do tickets go on sale for this?    Havent been to Youngstown before, this might be my chance.

hopefully you guys have forgotten about the game last year and dont want revenge  *ducks and hides* haha

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NDSU @ YSU 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »
Tickets will not be a problem as the game is in late November and we have over 20,000 seats.  Yes, we remember the game last season just as you remember that YSU has defeated NDSU three out of the five games since you joined FCS.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 12:46:41 PM »
YSU's November may look like 2012's October.  YSU's November opponents (after USD on 2 Nov) are @UNI, NDSU and then SDSU.  YSU needs to enter November with two Ls at the most (including Sparty).  If that is the case, I think the NDSU game will draw 15K+, and be a game that few will forget.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:32:11 AM »
Given the inexperience of both lines, this is a very good year to play the strongest competition later in the season.  I agree that YSU needs to go into the month of November with only one or two losses.  With a new president, an impatient and disgruntled fan base, and Wofford's contract rapidly running its course, we should expect frantic effort from the entire staff in 2013.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 03:54:37 PM »
The game the week prior with be far more important. UNI is not used to last year's team performance & they have more talent, (at least faster talent) than NDSU, in the skilled positions. NDSU blew us out ...who cares? UUnitl this staff field an MVFC-caliber team ...we are never going to beat a good NDSU team. We need nickel & dime packages, a power run game, tighter special teams coverage. Obviously we did not have a good game. UNI regularly beats us at our best. UNI has taken us out of the post-season how many times? UNI is 3-1 against us when we go into the game undefeated. Take things one week at a time. Sparty is young & ripe. We can pick them off. Then when we drop both DSU games, we still have a shot at the post-season. The Redbirds are no surprise this year.

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
We beat a good NDSU team two years ago, and I don't think we were any better than last year.