Author Topic: Bob Boldon the new head coach at Ohio University  (Read 11024 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bob Boldon the new head coach at Ohio University
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 09:53:13 PM »
I just really hope Strollo doesn't screw this new hire up

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 10:04:18 PM »
Why have you guys turned this thread into football finances?  I never said football made money.  I just stated the obvious: football at YSU will dominate the available money and then I suggested a way to produce more funding for basketball.  Now back to women's hoops.

To comprehend the dangers of a "politically correct" coaching appointment, you need look no further than to the Horizon League this past season.  There were four male coaches in women's basketball.  Their teams finished 1, 2, 3 and 5 in the league standings.  Obviously, the five female coaches finished 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9.  Coincidence?  I doubt it.  There are good female basketball coaches, but their numbers are small.  Affirmative action has propelled DI assistants into head coaching jobs for which they were unqualified (ex. Tisha Hill.)  It has also advanced lower division head coaches into jobs in which they were overwhelmed (ex. Cindy Martin.)   Fortunately, with Strollo's decade-long record of selecting head coaches, we have nothing to worry about. :'(

Great info.

"Post of the Year" candidate !!!

Very well done :)

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 10:10:49 PM »
Wish Bolden nothing but the best. Class act. Others could learn a thing or two from him.
He owes YSU nothing. He delivered MORE than what he was paid for.

Well done Coach. Go Bobcats! Go Penguins!!!

The "Cream rises to the Top"....most of the time. Boldon is a good example.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:12:47 AM by Pizza »

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 10:37:54 PM »
I just really hope Strollo doesn't screw this new hire up

I think Strollo is not the problem, if there is a problem. YSU is YSU (financially). Ain't Ohio State (financially).

He can't get the "best" available coach in every sport, for "financial" reasons. That's obvious and should be clear and understood by all involved.

YSU is "Elite" or near elite in football (thanks to Tress). I'm looking at the big picture here .....(not a few off years, in any given decade). If things are handled correctly, YSU football will always be a Top 10 football program in the FCS / D1-AA, no matter how the "voters" rank us. Should have been in the playoffs last year. Our team was worthy. We got screwed. We certainly were one of the best 16 teams. The whole football program, players and coaches know that.

As for the womens' sports,  I cheer for them :)

Personally, I miss YSU "wrestling". But I realize I am in the minority who like to watch tough guys be tough.

In todays world, I am "out-manned" by folks who would rather watch "girls" be "physically tough".

And make no mistake, while I applaud being "mentally" tough for "ALL".....I would rather "watch" and "pay for a ticket".....to see the BEST athletes compete;)

The biggest, strongest, fastest.........no matter the gender. I do not discriminate.

The best should be rewarded with athletic scholarships. No matter the age, race, religion or gender.

That's FAIR......isn't it?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:56:26 PM by Pizza »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 06:46:06 AM »
Personally, I am not sure why YSU did not try to block it; although probably not much we could do, and everyone likes him. I mean we face OU on a regular basis ...and will soon become much more regular. OU is not closer to Canton than Ytown ...it is 5 hours away from here.

Just a thought.