Author Topic: More Assistant Coaches Leaving  (Read 3621 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
More Assistant Coaches Leaving
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:22:47 PM »
WFMJ is reporting that WR coach Andre Coleman has left to have the same position at Kansas State, and Louis Matsakis is leaving for the University Of Kansas.... Tough loss. Especially Coleman

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: More Assistant Coaches Leaving
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »
Coaches "flying" out of here as quickly as they can. I guess the "shot" of winning a National Title at Kansas or Kansas State was too much to turn down.

What is the turnover in coaching staffs at Northern Iowa, NDSU...and the other top programs in 1-AA? (I still call it 1-AA and always will)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 08:40:03 AM »
Those schools have lost assistants as well over the past few years.  They are leaving for more money can you blame them.  They can and will be replaced.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 08:55:17 AM »
My first response on hearing of these defections:    "Who Cares?"

My response after a day of reflections   "Who Cares?"
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:40:49 AM »
During the glory days, Tressel lost position coaches nearly every year.  In fact, if a position coach stays at a FCS program too long, it is a sign that something is wrong.  Losing position coaches to teams in power conferences is a good thing.  It will attract talented, ambitious young coaches here since they know that YSU is a ladder of career advancement.  Now if those position coaches were leaving for teams in phony big time conferences, that would be another matter.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »
I can see why Coleman left. He played at Kansas State under Bill Snyder so good for him.... Matsakis came to Ysu FROM Kansas, now he's going back? Lol. Special teams were horrible while he was here anyway. Find somebody better Wolf