Author Topic: MORTH DAKOTA STATE  (Read 9759 times)

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
MORTH DAKOTA STATE
« on: January 05, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS

You did our Missouri Valley Conference PROUD.

The coaches did their homework.  The team played with
total determination, apparently cause they respected
the coaching staff, and when that all comes together
you can come up with a win.

Good job.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MORTH DAKOTA STATE
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 07:52:16 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS

You did our Missouri Valley Conference PROUD.

The coaches did their homework.  The team played with
total determination, apparently cause they respected
the coaching staff, and when that all comes together
you can come up with a win.

Good job.

+1^^ If I'm not mistaken.. They don't lose many player to graduation again this year  :-\

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 08:33:52 AM »
Right Red, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year. They had 22 (yes 22) frosh in this season's class. They lose a great TE in Bruhn, they lose the center in Lund, Andre Martin (yes the one from UNI, he transferred after graduation) at CB. Other than that, they lose 4 good academic seniors, with Ollman being a quite good on special teams. In other words ...they lose nothing.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »
Marcus Williams is NFL bound, the corner that had the pick 6 against us this year. Kid is a stud. So at least he's gone

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »
Watching them in the playoffs only shows me how far away we are from winning a National Championship and is disgusts me.  At this point I have learned something new....It doesn't matter if you have the best athletes becuase a football player is one that has the insticnts and football sense.  In the end you need to have football players, and great coaching and then athletes in that order.  Coaches don't have the time to teach football instincts at this level, it all starts with recruiting a real football player  They must arrive with a football I.Q. and then have great coaching to become a great team.  Then the athleticism becomes a factor where it all comes together. 

We have lacked in players and coaching thus far.  Hopefully Wolford can get it figured out.  We are miles and miles away from NDSU's ability to show consistent performance and rise to every challenge that the other team provides.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »
Marcus Williams is NFL bound, the corner that had the pick 6 against us this year. Kid is a stud. So at least he's gone

Nope he'll be back  ;)

Originally Posted by ysubigred 
I thought Williams was graduating??
Nope, Andre Martin who transferred from UNI is done he had 1 year of eligibility and is currently a grad student at NDSU. Still a good CB we will need to replace.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 12:42:57 PM »
Watching them in the playoffs only shows me how far away we are from winning a National Championship and is disgusts me.  At this point I have learned something new....It doesn't matter if you have the best athletes becuase a football player is one that has the insticnts and football sense.  In the end you need to have football players, and great coaching and then athletes in that order.  Coaches don't have the time to teach football instincts at this level, it all starts with recruiting a real football player  They must arrive with a football I.Q. and then have great coaching to become a great team.  Then the athleticism becomes a factor where it all comes together. 

We have lacked in players and coaching thus far.  Hopefully Wolford can get it figured out.  We are miles and miles away from NDSU's ability to show consistent performance and rise to every challenge that the other team provides.

+1^^ Fast don't make you tackle or know where to be on a football field  ;)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 05:30:49 PM »
A couple of things:

1. I am not convinced that Wolf knows how to recruit at our level.

It almost always comes down to that kid that just a bit smaller ...but faster. Or that kid that is 300+ lbs vs the kid that is 260. We have to realize that size is very important in this conference ...speed does not kill here. Most QBs at our level are going to throw the ball ...covered or not. Why? because it is the play that was called. So with that in mind ...tackling becomes much more crucial here in our level and conference. Hit them and go after the ball. There is always some teams that have huge RB's that are going to get 2 or 3 yards a carry ...so your ILB's need to be able to stop the run. Thus YSU ends up having week middle-coverage The good players can be made 300lbs. Maybe joes RB is a but slower, but if he can put his head down and gain yards, and/or read holes ...he is going to succeed in this level. We are DI, you have got to protect the ball when you are running.

Why is Hess such a good QB, and why did coach H recruit him? Because he had football mind ...even as a frosh. He has a ways to go before he sees and NFL uniform, but the total package is the best we have seen in some time ...and he can pass classes. Exact same thing with Pace. Look at what he was able to do ...seeing that he needed to slim up and play more like a TB, he did just that ...and his contributions were invaluable in 2012. Here are two guys that want to play football, and are taking 100% advantage of the opportunity

2. I also feel that we need to work more with our recruits. I understand what you are saying with regard to not having the time to teach ...but that is no excuse ...this is what we have position coaches for. Look at Stoops. He is a HS coach & recruiting guy, but he is out their teaching every practice.  Why because fundamentals are fundamental. Now if you are spending to much time teaching fundamentals ...then you need to stop recruiting so many athletes & get more players.

3. I still do not see a successful defensive scheme in place, but I am willing to give time, as I did see positive changes under Tresy. The scheme is going be hard because of our offensive style. I think I said this before ...we need to make the scout teams the most important players on the team. No one else in our conference runs our offense ...so it does no good for our defense to to practice against them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:35:56 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline tjbison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »
Thanks guys it was an absolute blast again this year

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 08:14:27 PM »
TJBISON:

The numbern of NDSU fans that we could see in the seats had to be a
Tremendous support factor for the team. My gosh, was anyone left
back in N D?  Celebrating that win is wonderful..did it years ago in
Chatty with Coach Tressel.  That is what is known as a GOLDEN MEMORY.

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 11:15:43 AM »
we just beat them last year...at there place....

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:36 AM »

Soooo... Indy State did the same this year.. Every great team can slip up on Any Given Saturday  8)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 01:56:46 PM »

ability to show consistent performance

Offline tjbison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:50 PM »
TJBISON:

The numbern of NDSU fans that we could see in the seats had to be a
Tremendous support factor for the team. My gosh, was anyone left
back in N D?  Celebrating that win is wonderful..did it years ago in
Chatty with Coach Tressel.  That is what is known as a GOLDEN MEMORY.

There were many tht watched on TV from he tailgate lots that didn't have tickets, I'm guessing a realistic number counting men women and children only at around 16K then all the team, media etc...

It was great even better this year than last

Ill post a photo gallery if you guys like to see if you think my guess is right....I do know in the second half it was so loud when we were on D that I could not hear my buddy in the row below me

http://www.markcamphotos.com/Sports/Football/FCS-Championship-NDSU-vs-SHS-1/27422863_n8KdPw#!i=2309894679&k=CKWjr36
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:44:32 PM by tjbison »

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
Morth Dakota State?  cant edit that? haha.  2 time natty champ should have more respect than this! haha

Youngstown put up the toughest fight against us in 2 years when they beat us at fargodome in 2011.

Indiana State in 2012 got 2 pick 6's from our QB.   

NDSU had easily 15,000 in the seats, and 18,000-20,000 in dallas (FRISCO) that weekend, it was quite amazing. 

Only lost 7 seniors overall, 2 legit starters (center and CB)  Cant wait to 3 peat and play #5 Kansas State.