Author Topic: USD In Game Thread  (Read 11687 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: USD In Game Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »
if we could consistently score 28-points ...and had a defense. I would be happy!! Sure, we may have to pop in another TD once in a while ...but again with a defense ...28-points wins 90+% of your games. 14 does not!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 08:36:40 AM »
I was on the sidelines yesterday, obvious the gameplan was short throws and the rungame.  They wanted to protect the ball an minimize mistakes.  Didnt like what I saw on sidelines after the missed fieldgoal alot of sour faces and #35 was the main culprit.  Thats were leadership is needed, not a look of disgust.  Cook seems to have lost the extra gear he used to have.  Wonder if he bulked up a little too much this year.  Our wideouts didnt standout, not alot of separation was happening.  Was ugly but a  win!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 09:49:53 AM »
I was on the sidelines yesterday, obvious the gameplan was short throws and the rungame.  They wanted to protect the ball an minimize mistakes.  Didnt like what I saw on sidelines after the missed fieldgoal alot of sour faces and #35 was the main culprit.  Thats were leadership is needed, not a look of disgust.  Cook seems to have lost the extra gear he used to have.  Wonder if he bulked up a little too much this year.  Our wideouts didnt standout, not alot of separation was happening.  Was ugly but a  win!
I was up in the stand freezing my behind off with bunch old folks. I agree with your assessment. Clearly, the games plan was to not make mistakes. I am sure Hess was told not to throw passes down field. SD put all the Ds within 5-10 yards. Our receivers had trouble getting separations because of the thigh coverage. Will Shaw had defender within a yard of him in the underneath routes. It also happened to the receivers on the crossing routes. This philosophy will not work when and if we are behind in scores. The coaches need to re-install confidence back into the players and come up with a better game plan. Counting on our D to defend a 3 point lead at the end of the game with the other team is driving is simply too optimistic. It might have only worked on an 1-8 team with one of the worst offense in the league.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »
Whats the crowd look like. Actual attendance....(not seats sold or distributued).

Thank You.

I thought there were around 5,000, but in Scalzo's wrap up of the game he thought there were only 3,000 folks in the stands.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 12:28:39 PM »
Whats the crowd look like. Actual attendance....(not seats sold or distributued).

Thank You.

I thought there were around 5,000, but in Scalzo's wrap up of the game he thought there were only 3,000 folks in the stands.
I was seating on the West side. It was difficult to see the number of people on the west stand. After watching the replay on MyYtv (filming the game from the East stand), we probably had no more than 4000 people. My earlier estimation of 6000 - 7000 was too high.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 09:55:13 PM »
It is hard to tell how many were in the loges but 3500 to 5000 would be a safe guess. Basically what you saw Sat was the hardcore fan base.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne