Author Topic: Favorite players thread.  (Read 10724 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Favorite players thread.
« on: October 30, 2012, 11:30:23 AM »
Since this has become a doom and gloom board I thought we could talk positive for a minute.

Pick a player from the "O" and "D" and give a short reason why he's your favorite player.

My "O" pick is #25  All I hear is how great he is in the class room/community and one of the best team mates a team can have.

My "D" pick is #52 Plays all out sadly one player can't be everywhere.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:35:27 AM by ysubigred »

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Favorite players thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
Nice thread Red. I do not know if you can top your choices. Pace has really turned my head this year. However, I will go with all seniors, as they will be leaving us ...and look over their entire career:

72 - Andrew Radakovich. He is the man ...nothing else to say. He transferred in from Penn State, where he was a legacy product, because he wanted to play. Started every game his frosh, soph, and Junior campaigns. Only injury has kept him out a couple this year. He exemplifies Penguin football. He catches, runs, blocks, you name it.

35 - Jamaine Cook. Again he is the man ...the cookie monster. Started as a soph & made second team all-conference. Was a Payton award finalist as a Junior, and is again nominated as a senior. Came outside after the Pitt game and shook dozens of hands.

The two year Guys:

8 - Will Shaw: Plays like a receiver, but is a quality TE. Played SS as well.
11 - David Brown: Good kicker, will finish his career as all-time #1 in PATs at YSU.
45 - Nick DeKraker: Became a machine on D.
52 - Aronde Stanton: Everything Red said ...and more.
55 - Lamar Mady: Same as Aronde.
76 - Mark Pratt: Will be a 2-time all-conference after this year.
77 - D.J. Main: You factor in his injury, and he grades as-well-as anyone up front.

My, we only return one starting O-lineman next year. We really need to get some reps in during the last 3-games.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:48:58 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »
I gotta go with my man Will Shaw. Started out playing safety, played a little LB and now has solidified his spot at TE and he is thriving. Hard work ethic, does whatever the coaches need him to do and now he has a shot at playing professional football. Great kid

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 06:38:33 PM »
Stanton on Defense and tie on Offense with Pace and Shaw.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »
I'm going with D'Alesio and the kid from UHS CB  Jay Peterman or something like that?
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »
Good time to mention senior day ...not for a couple of weeks, but get your tickets now & show your thanks for all their hard-work.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 09:00:46 AM »
Good time to mention senior day ...not for a couple of weeks, but get your tickets now & show your thanks for all their hard-work.

Yes, don't do what happened at my kid's senior day when we had a roaring throng of 1,500

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 09:49:54 AM »

Yes, don't do what happened at my kid's senior day when we had a roaring throng of 1,500

I believe I was there for that game. The ticket taker at the turn styles didn't even take my ticket stub. Drove the whole way home 840 mile round trip!

"IF" we have a reason to play and win (play off chance) against Indy State I'd say there will be a decent crowd 14-17 K for this years senior day.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:11:46 PM by ysubigred »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 01:06:38 PM »

Are you exaggerating a little?  I've been to just about every home game since the 92 season, and I don't recall there ever being a crowd that small.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »

Are you exaggerating a little?  I've been to just about every home game since the 92 season, and I don't recall there ever being a crowd that small.

OK.. about 1700,  You perfectionists  ;)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »

OK.. about 1700,  You perfectionists  ;)

Now that's more like it.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 12:48:14 AM »

Although I am quite prone to exaggeration, I'm not exaggerating by much.   Cold cold freezing rain that day

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
I was there eating breakfast and drinking a beer with you in the tailgate lot.  The weather was bad  and the stands were empty.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »
Since this has become a doom and gloom board I thought we could talk positive for a minute.

Pick a player from the "O" and "D" and give a short reason why he's your favorite player.

My "O" pick is #25  All I hear is how great he is in the class room/community and one of the best team mates a team can have.

My "D" pick is #52 Plays all out sadly one player can't be everywhere.

Hard to argue those two.

Ill take Cook, Hess, Sharbaugh, Sirl, Liste, Dom Rich, Main, Radoc, Delisio... too as great "character" guys you must have on your football team.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:11:02 PM by Pizza »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 07:15:22 AM »
I tend to like defensive players the best.  We need like 10 more #52's.  He gives 100% every play and he is fun to watch.