Author Topic: Fans suck  (Read 25338 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Fans suck
« on: October 20, 2012, 10:18:44 PM »
20 SIU fans were louder than our 5000 in stands. Pathetic. Stay home. We don't need any of you!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fans suck
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »
The team stinks!!!! Worry about the team not the freaking fans

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:37:20 PM »
Fans stink! Win or lose. Fans suck!!  We have the worst in football. Kids play to win. No support. Support the kids playing the game. Ysu is bigger than the coaches that are there. Our fan base sucks!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 10:43:50 PM »
We need to support the team!!  They know how our fans are. sh**ty. They know you don't cheer for them. They know you suck!! So why play hard? 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 10:53:53 PM »
And another thing. If you are not going to cheer for the penguins. You might as well cheer for SIU. Hand sitting. Free tickets. Joke. Been like this for years. Blame it on Heacock. He made us like this. Miserable!! 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 09:53:12 AM »
I have been b****ing about this for years now.  I get so pissed when there is a big game and they all come out of the woodwork.  Where is the loyalty?  All those years of championships and we get that kind of turn out in a season with potential, with a team that has the potential too.

Here is the deal:  Don't give out any of your extra tickets, casual fans don't deserve them.

I am sick of the stupid and uneducated fans that follow Mooney and Ursuline over the penguins. First of all how could you watch that sh**ty level of football in the first place?  I would rather have my arms cut off with a butter knife.  You have to be a retard to watch that sh** over YSU football.  dipsh**s.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:57:43 AM by penguinpower »

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:56:26 AM »
fans are just not into it....it really hit me the last gameof the year last year....nice afternoon...ysu wins and they are in the playoffs...the stands were empty.....sad......

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »
This thread is about as frustrating as our team is right now.  Im not going to check attendance records while we were under the tressel regime but please stop with this nonsense.  I will try to accept your arguments about the fans if you try to accept mine.  Here goes...and IMHO...i think i can categorize penguin football, as far as fan support, as about fourth on the importance meter at best. The following is ranking in order of importance:

1.  High school football
2.  Ohio state football
3.  Browns or steelers football
4.  YSU football

The way i see it is the top three get most if the attention and only when the guins dont lose 3 in a row do we get a good crowd. My goodness...i read that ndsu had a record crowd of 19k at their game against us.  Didnt we have something similar against uni.  And that was after a huge storm.  The reality is that our area cheers for YSU when they win.  Like it or not YSU football is overshadowed by the previously mentioned top 3/4.  I think we actually have respectable attendance records in relation to many of our counterparts.  I thought i heard something like 7k fans last week at ISU.  I would be willing to bet that we would have doubled that number, at least, had YSU played ISU At home last week. 

Offline DiscMan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »
Athletics and Coaching are very simple.  Success fixes EVERYTHING.   You want fans to stop b******* while getting free tickets-win.  You want more fans in the seats that actually care-win.  You want YSU football to take over in the area instead of YSU students wearing OSU clothes to games-win.  You want area sports stores to carry more Penguin gear than steelers, browns, OSU, PSU and Pitt gear-win.   Fans=Fanatics.  Wether good or bad people will be fanatic, that's why no one likes a Yankee fan and being a Browns fan is like autoerotic S&M.

Tickets HAVE to be givin out..there are certain NCAA standards you have to abide by attendance wise to retain your designation, and free seems to be the only way we can do that.   Take down championship banners of 20 years ago and give this town a winner, Im willing to bet youll see better fans.

Offline penguin8797

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 04:11:30 PM »
I am sick of the stupid and uneducated fans that follow Mooney and Ursuline over the penguins. First of all how could you watch that sh**ty level of football in the first place?  I would rather have my arms cut off with a butter knife.  You have to be a retard to watch that sh** over YSU football.  dipsh**s.

that is idiotic nonsense, how about this you halfwit..

I am sick of the stupid and uneducated fans that follow YSU over the Buckeyes. First of all how could you watch that sh**ty level of football in the first place?  I would rather have my arms cut off with a butter knife.  You have to be a retard to watch that sh** over OSU football.  dipsh**s.

just as rude and just as dumb

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »
I woke up on Sunday and I am confident that I did not miss a tackle
I did not miss a blocking assignment, I did not fumble, I did not
throw an interception.....
I just had to sit there and watch that
Do not blame the fans!
It is not their fault what happened

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 04:47:17 PM »
We can spend days or weeks blasting casual fans, but that won't change a thing.  As DiscMan noted, only winning will get those casual fans into the stadium.  After those horrible performances at NDSU and Illinois State, did any of you really expect a large crowd yesterday?  Casual fans had already tuned out this team, and, unfortunately, their low expectations were fulfilled.

DiscMan, one little thing.  There is no attendance requirement whatsoever in FCS football.  No need to lie like those frauds down the road in Akron.  The large number of no-shows yesterday reflected businesses and individuals buying tickets in advance after the Northern Iowa win and then tossing them away unused when the team sank into oblivion.

Penguinpower, the crowds at local high school games are down easily 50% over what they were three decades ago.  And the vast majority of schools play on Friday and don't harm our attendance at all.  In fact, many dedicated YSU fans also support their local high school programs.  I really don't see this as an issue.

Offline DiscMan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 05:52:05 PM »
Ah wick, did not realize that, thought it was an NCAA requirement across the board.  Which makes it even more paramount to get a winner.  If your giving away free tickets, the chances of your program hemorrhaging money are pretty high.  After all that is the only reason any administration puts so much money into the "revenue sports" is to one day hope to make revenue, every step not in that direction is a bad thing.  Fix the winning issue, over the course of years not a season, and fans will come.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
Here's my take on this subject.

You all misread or misunderstood POS's post.

He is complaining not so much of the LACK of attendance, rather the INACTION of the fans that do come.

That's the way I understood it and I agree with him.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline DiscMan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
No it wasnt misread or misunderstood,  his small vague post was aimed at unhappy fans.  Unhappy is unhappy whether they are at home or at the game.  I say 5000 unenthusiastic fans in attendance is far better than 5000 at home watching another game.  I say give the 5000 something to cheer about rather than complaining that they don't cheer loud enough for disappointment.