Author Topic: Basketball Holds Media Day at Beeghly  (Read 1913 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Basketball Holds Media Day at Beeghly
« on: October 11, 2012, 05:24:40 AM »

Head Coach Jerry Slocum and members of the Youngstown State men's basketball team hosted their annual media day at the Beeghly Center on Thursday afternoon.

After an opening statement and a question and answer session with Slocum, select players spoke with different media outlets in one-on-one interviews.

Slocum addressed the fact the Guins were predicted to finish fourth in the 2012-13 Horizon League Preseason poll and how it shows the progress the program has made in recent years.

"I think (the preseason ranking) is a direct result of a program longing for respect and I think we played ourselves into that respect last year," Slocum said. "The fact that we earned some respect and had some nice preseason awards for a couple of our guys I think speaks well of where we want to go."

YSU returns three starters from last year's 16-15 squad. It was the first winning season for the program since 2000-01.

Season tickets for the upcoming 2012-13 campaign are available by calling the Youngstown State Athletic Ticket Office by calling (330) 941-1978.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:33:38 AM by IAA Fan »