Author Topic: His name is Andre stu-D-D-s  (Read 7071 times)

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
His name is Andre stu-D-D-s
« on: September 02, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
What a performance by the smallest Penguin.

Henceforth, his name shall be  S-T-U-D-D-S
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: His name is Andre stu-D-D-s
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »
For once, Lecter is dead-on. What gets lost in discussion of last year's 4th quarter collapses, was Stubbs' absence offensively which could have sustained some drives and kept last year's defense off of the field more. Not to mention the possible field position he can give on the return game. He was the best player on the field last night.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 03:20:45 PM »
For once, Lecter is dead-on. What gets lost in discussion of last year's 4th quarter collapses, was Stubbs' absence offensively which could have sustained some drives and kept last year's defense off of the field more. Not to mention the possible field position he can give on the return game. He was the best player on the field last night.

Well you know that I rarely "toot my own horn"  :P  especially now that I am older   :'(   But the Honorable H Lecter touted everyone on Studds when we recruited him-----You could look it up.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »

i would say Hess was definatley the best player, he kept drives going with his legs on 3rd down multiple times and kept plays alive while looking downfield and finding anyone to keep drives going

he brought his A game, and if he didnt we might not win, even with his B game

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 05:06:37 PM »
What a performance by the smallest Penguin.

Henceforth, his name shall be  S-T-U-D-D-S

another couple of games like that and maybe even Sir Studds
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »
Studds has some speed, but the OL did a hell of a job.  I thought Hess was off on his long throws last night.  He missed some wide open receivers, even Studds a few times.  Hess wouldn't have been able to do what he did without the play of the OL.  They were outstanding.

Still have concerns at LB and the secondary was a little suspect at times.  We need to get better in those areas.  I would also like to see us get some pressure.  I can't recall any sacks on the Pitt QB or even pressure for that matter.  But the Defense is improved. 

And we have a game changer with Studds speed.  It would be nice if Woolf could get a few more speedsters like this.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »
Power,

Remember that we have not seen Hymes yet, supposedly another breakaway threat.  We expected Stubbs to be explosive and he certainly was just that.  But this kid is the complete package despite his small stature. On several runs, he dropped his shoulder and barreled into defenders to pick up a few extra yards. And he has moves too.  It must feel like trying to tackle a gnat!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »

i would say Hess was definatley the best player, he kept drives going with his legs on 3rd down multiple times and kept plays alive while looking downfield and finding anyone to keep drives going

Stubbs named offensive player of the week by MVFC.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 07:18:58 PM »
Congrats to Stubbs. He can run.

If Wolf has done anything, he has done a great job recruiting speed at all positions.

The recruits r being sold. Thats the name of the game. And "O" coordinator is very, very good. Hess makes it all happen.

12 game season......+

Lets go Pens!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »
Two league freshmen have earned national honors following their performances of Sept. 1. WR/RB Andre Stubbs of Youngstown State and QB Sawyer Kollmorgen of UNI shared Sports Network Freshman of the Week honors, and Stubbs was named National Player of the Week by Sports Madness and by the College Sporting News.

Weekly National Honors
Sept. 1 -- WR/RB Andre Stubbs, YSU
Sept. 1 -- QB Sawyer Kollmorgen, UNI

Sawyer Kollmorgen, Northern Iowa, R-Freshman, 6-2, 215, QB, Jenks, Okla.
In his season debut as the Panthers' starting quarterback, Kollmorgen made coach Mark Farley a lot more comfortable with his team's uncertainty under center. The redshirt freshman completed 18-of-34 pass attempts for 265 yards and three touchdowns in Northern Iowa's 26-21, season-opening loss to defending Big Ten champion Wisconsin. Kollmorgen led a fourth-quarter comeback with two touchdown passes to running back David Johnson, cutting the Panthers' deficit from 26-7 to 26-21. Kollmorgen was the fifth freshman in UNI history to start at quarterback.

Andre Stubbs, Youngstown State, R-Freshman, 5-6, 160, WR/RB, Maple Heights, Ohio
Stubbs played in three games before he was sidelined with an injury at the start of last season. In Youngstown State's 31-17 victory at Pittsburgh, the undersized redshirt freshman came up big by rushing for 71 yards on six carries, catching four passes for 61 yards and returning two kickoffs for 40 yards. The 5-foot-6, 160-pound receiver/running back finished with 172 all- purpose yards in the Penguins' first win over an FBS program since 2000.

THE SPORTS NETWORK
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Old Dominion quarterback Taylor Heinicke, Coastal Carolina defensive back Dontavious Johnson, Georgia State punter Matt Hubbard, Northern Iowa quarterback Sawyer Kollmorgen and Youngstown State receiver/running back Andre Stubbs have been named The Sports Network FCS National Players of the Week for the season-opening games which ended Sept. 2.

COLLEGE SPORTING NEWS
WR Andre Stubbs of Youngstown State, QB Jimmy Garoppolo of Eastern Illinois, LB Phillip LeGrande of Wofford, LB Robert McCabe of Georgetown, and Eastern Washington K Jimmy Pavel have been selected as the College Sporting News All-Stars for the week ending September 2, 2012 in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision.

COLLEGE SPORTS MADNESS
College Sports Madness has named Youngstown State Wide Receiver Andre Stubbs National Offensive Player of the Week for his exceptional performance this past weekend. The Madness identifies the highest impact players nationally and the top offensive and defensive player from each FCS conference in our weekly feature. Check it out at http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/weekly-awards.

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »

Stubbs named offensive player of the week by MVFC.

still gotta give it to hess, he doesnt run for some of those third downs or plays like a smart QB we lose