Author Topic: Ron Strollo Selected President of FCS ADA  (Read 2197 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Ron Strollo Selected President of FCS ADA
« on: July 17, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »
Cleveland, Ohio -- Youngstown State Executive Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Ron Strollo has been selected as President of the Division I Football Championship Subdivision Athletics Directors Association (FCS ADA).

"Our Association continues to be at the forefront of FCS initiatives, and I look forward to continuing the momentum that Past President Marilyn McNeil (Monmouth) built over the past year," Strollo said. "The FCS ADA looks forward to continuing to spotlight FCS institutions during the year."

Strollo, who is in his 12th year as YSU's Athletics Director and 17th as a member of the department, is very involved on the regional and national level serving on several prominent committees. He is in his fourth and final year on the NCAA Division I Football Championship Selection Committee, he is on the NCAA Division I Football Issues Committee, and he serves as the Central Region Chair of the NCAA Regional Advisory Committee. He previously served a two-year term as the Chair of the Horizon League Executive Committee and spent four years on the NCAA Championship and Competition Cabinet.

The FCS ADA also elected the following athletics directors to serve as officers during the upcoming year – Brian Hutchinson, Morehead State University, 1st Vice President; Charlie Cobb, Appalachian State University, 2nd Vice President; and Ken Beazer, Southern Utah University, 3rd Vice President.

University of Central Arkansas Director of Athletics, Brad Teague, joins the following directors of athletics on the Executive Committee – Tom Beckett, Yale University; Thorr Bjorn, University of Rhode Island; Stacy Danley, Alabama State University; Keith Davidson, University of Maryland Eastern Shore; Bruce McCutcheon, Lafayette College; Past President Marilyn McNeil, Monmouth University; Jim Murphy, Davidson College; Paul Schlickmann, Central Connecticut State University; Hank Small, Charleston Southern University; Gene Taylor, North Dakota State Universit;y Jeff Tingey, Idaho State University; and Mark Wilson, Tennessee Tech University. Ohio Valley Conference Commissioner Beth DeBauche is the commissioners’ representative on the Executive Committee.