Author Topic: Drew Dosch playing well in the Cape Cod League  (Read 3242 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Drew Dosch playing well in the Cape Cod League
« on: July 16, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
Drew is playing for Falmouth in the Cape Cod League (what a great league to go watch during the summer - went several years ago and had a blast).

4/14/313 stat line. 

http://www.pointstreak.com/baseball/player.html?playerid=318436

Tied for team lead in HR, second in RBI and third in average.

Saw a tweet from a Chris Webb, a college baseball blogger:

Chris Webb ‏@ChrisMWebb
Scouts like his bat. Won't stick at 3B "@BourneBraves: Commodores get the run back off a solo shot from Drew Dosch ‪#YoungstownSt‬ Tied at 1."

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Drew Dosch playing well in the Cape Cod League
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »
Yes, this is fairly prestigious league ...wooden bats. Also it is a full-season league ...so they play for 9-weeks + post-season. I am not sure I agree with the comment on him not staying at third ...I need to get out and see the Guins a few more times next year. For us, Dosch is strong at both IF & OF. Great utility player for us, but maybe the scout feels he will be better in the OF (and at the plate) at the next level.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:36:36 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Dosch playing well in the Cape Cod League
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:18:54 PM »
Some more love for Drew - a bonus of $150k - $250k would equate to a 3rd-6th round slot in June's draft - lets hope Drew has a great season to solidify his stock and challenge for Horizon League player of the year.

http://www.chrismwebb.com/2012/08/dear-diary-august-20-2012.html?spref=tw

From the team aspect to the individual, top prospect lists are bound to pop up soon as publications and people recap the summer seasons. Will I? No, not at least until scout days come and go. But others will and here are some quick thoughts...

No player did more for his stock than Youngstown State's Drew Dosch. While there are some questions on whether he will stick at third, I say no, due to lack of lateral quickness and being too stiff, there is no question he can hit. Have heard a range of 150-250 on him, while not uberprospect, it's a heck of a place to be for a Penguin that nobody knew of, well except I of course.