Author Topic: Memory Lane: 2006 James Madison Play-off Game  (Read 9306 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Memory Lane: 2006 James Madison Play-off Game
« on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:17 PM »
I thought since it is finals week, we could start posts I will call "memory lane".  Thanks for the name Penny. This time it is the 2006 play-off game vs. JMU. Has to go down as our greatest postseason game ever ...or at least non-final play-off game.

My best memory was watching the TV broadcast afterwards and the announcer saying "someone please cover that guy". He was so involved in the game, and not a Penguin fan. Also, I thought we had a VERY bad spot on that fourth-down spot, but it was still enough. Then to see Heacock jump and the defense running off the field before the marker even hit the ground.  Then the huge roar as the injured Mason came out to the huddle. You just knew this thing was ours.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:01:50 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Memory Lane: 2006 James Madison Play-off Game
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 03:43:33 PM »
I thought since it is finals week, we could start posts I will call "memory lane".  Thanks for the name Penny. This time it is the 1997 play-off game vs. JMU. Has to go down as our greatest postseason game ever ...or at least non-final play-off game.

My best memory was watching the TV broadcast afterwards and the announcer saying "someone please cover that guy". He was so involved in the game, and not a Penguin fan. Also, I thought we had a VERY bad spot on that fourth-down spot, but it was still enough. Then to see Heacock jump and the defense running off the field before the marker even hit the ground.  Then the huge roar as the injured Mason came out to the huddle. You just knew this thing was ours.

Umm.. Don't you mean 2006?  I know what you meant  ;) 97 was that wild azz Nova game :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:59:22 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 04:58:58 PM »
Someone put this together on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jybDOs6iW6E

Kinda funny how he recorded his TV.  But I have to give him credit, he did a nice job with a clear lack of equipment.  Good YSU fan there.

I wonder if the athletic dept puts videos like this together.  They should do a compilation of of the NC's and big games over the years.  I would certainly purchase it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:59:47 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Tigertown Big J

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
    • www.jjhuddle.com
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:21:12 PM »
Still pop in the VHS of that 06 game every once in a while.  Great finish.  I was on the field for it, awesome atmosphere.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:00:07 AM by IAA Fan »
Go Guins!!! Drive for Five!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 10:03:08 PM »
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:08:16 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
Remember that game well. It was a Friday game. I asked for the whole day of work  because I thought it was going to be an afternoon game, and we ended up playing a night game(and no I didn't change it). What a fun game.

If u all think about we can go on and on about our playoff games at Stambaugh. My favorite would always be the Alcorn State-YSU game in 94'. I was at the game Lucky recorded it. The announcer that game was Tom Meiss. I remember him saying during the broadcast "These boys in Youngstown play some good football". Then again that team was just awesome

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »

Kinda funny how he recorded his TV.  But I have to give him credit, he did a nice job with a clear lack of equipment.  Good YSU fan there.

I wonder if the athletic dept puts videos like this together.  They should do a compilation of of the NC's and big games over the years.  I would certainly purchase it.

Talk about going down memory lane!!  I was watching the 93 NC game on youtube!!  It's all on there in 8 parts by someone named YSUCHMP.  Nothing against the way YSU is doing football now but check out what 3 Yards and a cloud of dust was like and a big fast swarming "D"!!!  Man YSU had it going on in the 90's!! It's sad that there was more YSU fans at the 93 NC game in Huntington WVA than at the home games this year.  I'm guilty! I was at the 93 game but haven't been to the Ice Castle in years  :-\
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:00:33 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »
Oh man let me go down my list: I was at the 94', 97', and 99'(wish we could forget that one) NC game, plus countless playoff games in the 90s, and yes I sat through the bad years too. I do try to go to at least one home game every year. 93' NC game was that the goal line stand

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 05:58:28 PM »

Talk about going down memory lane!!  I was watching the 93 NC game on youtube!!  It's all on there in 8 parts by someone named YSUCHMP.  Nothing against the way YSU is doing football now but check out what 3 Yards and a cloud of dust was like and a big fast swarming "D"!!!  Man YSU had it going on in the 90's!! It's sad that there was more YSU fans at the 93 NC game in Huntington WVA than at the home games this year.  I'm guilty! I was at the 93 game but haven't been to the Ice Castle in years  :-\

I have the 1994 game on DVD.  Purchased it from the NCAA.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:00:51 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 04:42:52 PM »
Hey Power........Do you know if this tape ^^^ can still be purchased thru the NCAA??

GOOOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 06:40:08 PM »
Looks like they transitioned it to Amazon

http://www.ncaaondemand.com/