YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Committee Agonizes Over Final Picks

<< < (4/6) > >>

penguinpower:
Correct me if I'm wrong Indy but I think....2001,2002,2005,2007.  Sound correct? 7-8 wins and no playoffs those years.

YSUfan21:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 18, 2011, 12:00:51 AM ---Correct me if I'm wrong Indy but I think....2001,2002,2005,2007.  Sound correct? 7-8 wins and no playoffs those years.

--- End quote ---

02,05 and 07 we only had 6 D-1 Wins

penguin8797:
The increased number of teams selected to the playoffs has to be considered when comparing with past results. Seven wins today puts you on the bubble assuming all are D1 wins, just as 8 wins in the 16 team field often put you on the bubble. Prior to the playoff expansion, seven D1 wins rarely got you in unless it was an auto bid. We had 8 wins back in '96 and did not get selected, but three of our wins that year were against D2 schools so we didn't deserve it.

YSUfan21:

--- Quote from: penguin8797 on November 19, 2011, 08:45:18 AM ---The increased number of teams selected to the playoffs has to be considered when comparing with past results. Seven wins today puts you on the bubble assuming all are D1 wins, just as 8 wins in the 16 team field often put you on the bubble. Prior to the playoff expansion, seven D1 wins rarely got you in unless it was an auto bid. We had 8 wins back in '96 and did not get selected, but three of our wins that year were against D2 schools so we didn't deserve it.

--- End quote ---

except for the fact 6 teams made it wins 7 wins last year

funny how you leave that FACT out all the time

ysubigred:
YSU, & ISU (b) really eased up the agony  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version