YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Committee Agonizes Over Final Picks

<< < (3/6) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on November 16, 2011, 04:54:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 16, 2011, 12:31:17 PM ---"We look at everything that's available to us. We look at the polls, we look at the rankings, the ratings, whatever might be available to us. The one valuable thing about sitting together in the room is you have 10 (other) people who are from various parts of the country who might know some things that don't necessarily show on paper. For example, in a certain game, did they miss a key player, did they miss their quarterback, did they miss a running back?"

--- End quote ---
I sure hope they really are going to this level of detail now, but there is no way they did much research when we should have made the playoffs in 2001 (Marshall game) and 2005 (SIU game).

--- End quote ---

Problem is that we have have no publicity except for a short paragraph that we "Derailed" NDSU and we are not in two of the 3 Polls mentioned.  That was the reason why I think that we are getting screwed out of national attention.  Hopefully is doesn't matter, but all of the data that I have seen in the past 15 years says that we need 9 wins to get in.  The good news is that we beat two ranked teams and one of them was really late in the season, something that hasn't been done here in several years.

YSUGO:
There is already rheteric that they will look at teams with less than 7 Div 1 wins.  The table has been set for the powers to be to bend the rules. My prediction is the CAA and the SouthCon will dominate the picks and we will be left out...even though we played the best an  beat them that will not be enough,,,same old crap different year...I hope i am wrong but the ncaa has never been kind to YSU even when we dominated.

HLecter:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on November 16, 2011, 01:24:42 PM ---Power,

You really have to marvel at how people that are paid to project this stuff are totally clueless.  I am not knocking this character for his animosity toward us; that is his privilege.  But look closely and you see that his MVFC selections are impossible.  He has Northern Iowa with the #5 seed AND Illinois State in as an at-large selection.  We all know that if Northern Iowa wins, Illinois State is toast (certainly compared to us.)  They will be 7-4 against FCS competition, as compared to our 7-3.  They will have one meaningful win (Indiana State.)  We will have defeated NDSU and them and have one less FCS loss.

Now how come we know this and that writer doesn't?  Prejudice I can handle; stupidity from "authority" figures is intolerable.

--- End quote ---

+1

YSUfan21:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 16, 2011, 10:50:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 16, 2011, 12:31:17 PM ---"We look at everything that's available to us. We look at the polls, we look at the rankings, the ratings, whatever might be available to us. The one valuable thing about sitting together in the room is you have 10 (other) people who are from various parts of the country who might know some things that don't necessarily show on paper. For example, in a certain game, did they miss a key player, did they miss their quarterback, did they miss a running back?"

--- End quote ---
I sure hope they really are going to this level of detail now, but there is no way they did much research when we should have made the playoffs in 2001 (Marshall game) and 2005 (SIU game).

--- End quote ---

Problem is that we have have no publicity except for a short paragraph that we "Derailed" NDSU and we are not in two of the 3 Polls mentioned.  That was the reason why I think that we are getting screwed out of national attention.  Hopefully is doesn't matter, but all of the data that I have seen in the past 15 years says that we need 9 wins to get in.  The good news is that we beat two ranked teams and one of them was really late in the season, something that hasn't been done here in several years.

--- End quote ---

all of the data like 6 teams making the playoffs at 7-4 last year? that data? LOL troll

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on November 17, 2011, 10:44:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 16, 2011, 10:50:20 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

all of the data like 6 teams making the playoffs at 7-4 last year? that data? LOL troll

--- End quote ---

All right genius.  Tell me how many time YSU made it in to the playoffs with 7 or 8 wins per season in the last 15 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version