YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU v SDSU (Sat).postgame comments/post-mortum

(1/6) > >>

Pizza:
Had to rename the original thread.

Here's how I feel....... :o

That's the best I can do right now.

Wick250:
South Dakota State is a bad football team this year.  We are much worse.  Last week Happy Penguin suggested that he failed to see much progress this year.  After today, reasonable men and women might openly express doubts about Wolford's ability to return us to national prominence.  Don't get me wrong.  There are plenty of valid reasons why schools should adhere to the unwritten three year rule as head coaches try to establish their programs.  But that does not prevent fans from forming opinions and worrying about lack of progress.  Wolford brags about the abilities of his staff.  Do you see any evidence of coaching excellence?  Perhaps on offense, but not even there today.  Are you concerned when you see running backs drag our undersized freshmen linebackers for three or four yards after contact?  Can you explain why Jimmy Mayes is playing cornerback besides the fact that he is an "athlete" and a local kid?  Perhaps it is his highly developed cover skills?

Pizza suggested on another thread that one or two recruiting classes will solve our problems.  I sure hope so.  But something deep inside is nagging me tonight: this football team is worse than Heacock's last edition in 2009.  And we all remember how fond we were of that bunch and their head coach.

YsuPride:
Looks like St. Francis may be our only other game we will win.   I am now calling for Wolford at years end to fire all the defensive coaches as they all SUCK.

penguinpower:
The offense score enough points to win.  The D is clueless.  They don't jam the receivers.  Thy just let them run their routes.  Pisses me off.  By the way, whree are our LB's????

Pizza:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 09, 2011, 12:22:20 AM ---The offense score enough points to win.  The D is clueless.  They don't jam the receivers.  Thy just let them run their routes.  Pisses me off.  By the way, whree are our LB's????

--- End quote ---

Here's how I feel.......

That's the best I can do right now. ??? :'( :-\ :-X :-[ ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version