YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Dear Horizon League Office

(1/2) > >>

ysuindy:
I believe I read the other day that each unit earned in the NCAA tournament gets a payout of about $250k this year.  And each game won by the league counts for six seasons.  So Butler's run the last two years will bring some serious coin to the HL.
Please mandate that any increase in distributions that gets kicked to YSU be used on men's basketball - increase the recruiting budget, increase the coaching salary pool, something to plow back in to the program.  Lets face it, the league can raise their standing even more if the bottom of the league can step it up.

Thank you for your consideration,

YSU Basketball Fans

Big D:
Butler Gets A Bigger Piece Of Winning Pie

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42273328

YsuPride:
Will extra money solve our problems?  As long as Strollo and Slocum are here we are a 10 win program at best.

YSUGO:
Agreed Pride...the defenders of.." what do u expect when we have no money" and we should just be happy we field a team ...BUT we are in the Horizon.." stuff is getting old...and then i will get blasted by a few of the long time posters for ...being too critical

Strollo is on record that he knows W's will be not the emphasis ...what coach would come here and believes he has a chance? We are IN  over our heads being in the Horizon....JUST BECAUSE BUTLER IS in the FINAL FOUR.. doesnt mean squat ...its embarrassing to see that a few are HAPPY to see that because of us recieving a BUTLER  handout of some of their hard earned cash...Seriously ..it is embarrassing...

Strollo isnt going anywhere...when the installed the local girl in as PREZ sealed that deal....so be ready for another 10-13 win season for SLOCUM...thats what is expected that is where STROLLO has set the bar...a bar of mediocrity..at least in mens BB

Wick250:
Guys,

I dislike Strollo as much as anybody, and I agree with your accusations about our AD.  But it is starting to get annoying when every thread gets diverted into a anti-Strollo/Slocum diatribe.  Twice in the past week, Indy has posted a unique topic and both times this diversion has happened.  Let's show our colleagues some respect and stop hijacking their threads.  We are perfectly free to start a "Strollo or Slocum stinks" thread at any time.

Indy,

I never thought about this.  One would think that we spend the tournament money on basketball, but you never know.  The league edict that you propose would be very helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version