YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Dear Horizon League Office

<< < (2/2)

ysuindy:
Wick - I am sure that the "base" NCAA tournament money, whatever that may be, is part of a budget and is probably spoken for as part of the big picture.  But lets go back to 2009-2010 school year budget and I am sure the amount that is going to get budgeted for the 2011-2012 school year budget is higher.

We all figure the blood money from football is helping fund the increase in football coaching salaries.  That makes sense. I just would like to know that the increase in NCAA money goes to helping men's basketball.  Whether it is spent wisely is another discussion for another time and another thread. 

Big D - Thanks for the link - it seems over the years info on how the HL splits the pie has been hard to find.  I like the current approach - although all it is going to do is make Butler even more able to sit at the top of the league.  Now if the March and April bandwagon fans would start selling out Hinkle every game.  Of course I would like to see Butler take some of the cash and get some modern restrooms in that place.   ;D

ysuindy:
A couple of Tweets from CNBC's Darren Rovell

2 Apr Favorite Retweet Reply » darrenrovell darren rovell
Win or lose Monday, Butler's run in tourney means $7 million to Horizon paid out over next 6 years.

darrenrovell darren rovell
Before the $7 million is split with the rest of the Horizon over the next 6 years, Butler will get about $500K off the top.

YsuPride:
Strollo can now hire a few more Assistant AD's then spend more on the Swim team. 

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 27, 2011, 08:35:22 AM ---Will extra money solve our problems?  As long as Strollo and Slocum are here we are a 10 win program at best.

--- End quote ---

Hilarious....thread from 4 years ago.......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version