YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Missouri St

(1/3) > >>

Cimo7:
MS State to conference USA in 2025! The exodus begins!

IAA Fan:
Remember basketball determines what conference you go in. Football determines everything that happens at Youngstown State.   The lady bears basketball team is historically a very Tremendous program

IAA Fan:
I will tell you one thing that is going to happen because of that move to conference USA. The Missouri Valley football conference is going to merge with the Missouri valley conference. They’ll no longer be considered two separate conferences. The two separate fees that Missouri state has to pay probably isn’t that much less than what they paid to go in conference USA, so we have to see how that impacts other teams like us in the program because Western Illinois is gone this year . Can you think of anyone outside of Youngstown State that is not an all sport participant in the football conference oh, I guess North Dakota and South Dakota and the states where did they go in the summit?

YSUGO:
IAA the move was based on football they wanted to be part of the G5 article states payouts are more etc

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2024/05/10/missouri-state-conference-usa-faq-football-fbs-fcs-espn-tv-deal-expenses-clif-smart-mvc-valley/73640659007/

YSUGO:
I have said this before if we stay where we are at it’s a money loser and with NIL program development and building is screwed because the big schools will poach our players.  Rocky times ahead

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version