YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Tourney Seeding

<< < (12/12)

YsuPride:
As great of a coach Calhoun is we have stumbled in the post season tournament in our own league. Frustrating.   Tired of hearing maybe next year.  That ship has sailed years ago.  Less portal players and more JUCO/HIGH SCHOOL kids are needed so we don't have to go through the process again and again.   Just my thoughts.   We wouldn't be in the spot had we not had Calhoun. We have to look at what he and his staff have brought to Ysu.  Recruiting season has begun.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 14, 2024, 07:05:36 AM ---As great of a coach Calhoun is we have stumbled in the post season tournament in our own league. Frustrating.   Tired of hearing maybe next year.  That ship has sailed years ago.  Less portal players and more JUCO/HIGH SCHOOL kids are needed so we don't have to go through the process again and again.   Just my thoughts.   We wouldn't be in the spot had we not had Calhoun. We have to look at what he and his staff have brought to Ysu.  Recruiting season has begun.

--- End quote ---

Losing at home in the tourney 2 of the last 3 years as considerable favorites is what stings the most let alone just 1 semi-final appearance.

So I guess the CIT tournament is back https://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/schedule-results.php

mudclods:
I guess if it makes us feel any better, Toledo has won the MAC regular season title 4 straight years and has lost in the tourney every year.  They've went to the NIT the last 3, but might be tough this year with the changes & especially losing to Kent St today that hasn't been good this year.  They haven't made the tourney since 1980.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version