YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Beeghly facilities upgrade

(1/13) > >>

Double ET:
From today’s Tribune/Vindy on planned upgrades to Beeghly facilities

https://www.tribtoday.com/news/local-news/2024/02/ysu-center-gets-new-seats/

YsuPride:
Nice to hear.  So I see they are keeping the behind the hoop seats but do they plan to put the seats behind the hoop like we had say 20 years ago?   We need that.  Party deck or Loges?  I don't see that in the plans. 

Wick250:
This will not be the major renovation that some of you were expecting. Updating the existing red seats and replacing the bleachers with proper seating will enhance the atmosphere in the facility.

They better commit to opening the upper stands on BOTH sides for every game. Quite frankly, it is embarrassing to force fans to sit in the end zones when about 1300 side court seats are available but not used. They could not be so stupid as to replace the bleachers only on the east side! Could they! After watching this athletic department for over 40 years nothing would shock me.

Retaining the end zone bleachers is a good thing; much better than constructing loges for the fat cats. It would be nice to add permanent cushions on top of the wood as a courtesy to our fans.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 12, 2024, 03:39:35 PM ---They could not be so stupid as to replace the bleachers only on the east side! Could they!

--- End quote ---

the article does address this concern of yours

YSU will replace the upper and lower seats on both sides of the Beeghly Center with new red seatbacks.

YsuPride:
What about the floor seats behind both hoops?  Still don't know if that would be part of this remodel or next.
--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version