YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Playoffs if we win this week @ Murray State?

<< < (5/6) > >>

InTheYo:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 18, 2023, 09:21:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: YoungstownCity1796 on November 18, 2023, 07:47:08 PM ---Sacramento State, UT Martin and Western Carolina have all lost. All were potential at-large teams going into the weekend. What does this do to the equation for YSU?

--- End quote ---

It helps.  But we would certainly be in if Illinois State would have won but they missed something like 2 field goals and an extra point andost 21-20.

Here's the good news.  We beat SIU. And SIU has the same record
  In addition we played Ohio State who was ranked #1 or #2 or #3 depending on the week.

Lastly, all of our losses, except SDSU were close.

I think we've got a shot and a Duquesne matchup would likely be the first game.  Just my opinion

--- End quote ---
My thoughts exactly.

YSUGO:
Games that hurt us
Terrible loss at home last week to SD St we didn’t just lose we got shut out
All our wins are against the second half of the division no wins against the top 5 teams.  Not our fault that we had an easier conference schedule
2 BS games against bottom feeder teams yes we won but nothing special
Yes we played Ohio St but that will mean crap to the committee.
When you go 7-4 it’s a crap shoot.  8-3 we were in. 

peteonastick:
Getting in will be a miracle. Let’s face it. Our defense let us down all year. Gave up too many points on the road and at home. If we do get in and have Duquesne we will win and win big!!  After that it’s a crapshoot. All in all, one of the most disappointing seasons in a long time!!

Go Guins!!

Dmorton:
Well said Go!   We do not get in over SIU!  Hope I am wrong!  Stop playing the Valpos of the world!

YsuPride:
If we get in we will not destroy Duquesne.   They have a very solid and I mean very solid defense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version