YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Missouri State Week

<< < (2/5) > >>

Wick250:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 24, 2023, 07:45:58 AM ---I am getting sick of everyone thinking we can lose to SDSU and still make the play-off. You can tell the announcers and media think the same. We have a poor schedule strength. We have 2 good teams and two medium teams on our schedule. Good teams will be in strong consideration for the post-season. Medium teams are nothing but spoilers. We have lost to both of our medium teams this year, with none remaining. We have beat one good team, with one more on our schedule. WE CANNOT LOSE A SINGLE GAME. THIS INCLUDES SDSU. I mean just how many play-off teams do you think are coming from one conference?

South Dakota State    7-0
South Dakota           6-1
Northern Iowa    4-3
North Dakota State 5-2
Southern Illinois    5-2
-------------------------------------
Illinois State           4-3
North Dakota          4-3
YSU                         4-3

If the play-off was now, the MVFC MAY go 5-deep, but not likely. However, everyone on the top goes. Those below do not. If they go 4-deep from the MVFC, then UNI drops down to play spoiler, which they did against YSU. I suspect UNI and SIU will each lose a minimum of one remaining game. If that happens UNI is out, but SIU is still in. That gives us a strong chance if we win out. Not go 3-1, but 4-0 beginning last Saturday. We have one game down and 3 more to go. So let's go Guins. Just concentrate on the task at hand!!!

--- End quote ---

IAA Fan,
I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, there are 9 games left among the eight teams that you listed from the conference. We are involved in only one of those contests. There are 5 games left among your top five teams. The conference standings could look very different at the end of the season.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on October 24, 2023, 01:14:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 24, 2023, 07:45:58 AM ---I am getting sick of everyone thinking we can lose to SDSU and still make the play-off. You can tell the announcers and media think the same. We have a poor schedule strength. We have 2 good teams and two medium teams on our schedule. Good teams will be in strong consideration for the post-season. Medium teams are nothing but spoilers. We have lost to both of our medium teams this year, with none remaining. We have beat one good team, with one more on our schedule. WE CANNOT LOSE A SINGLE GAME. THIS INCLUDES SDSU. I mean just how many play-off teams do you think are coming from one conference?

South Dakota State    7-0
South Dakota           6-1
Northern Iowa    4-3
North Dakota State 5-2
Southern Illinois    5-2
-------------------------------------
Illinois State           4-3
North Dakota          4-3
YSU                         4-3

If the play-off was now, the MVFC MAY go 5-deep, but not likely. However, everyone on the top goes. Those below do not. If they go 4-deep from the MVFC, then UNI drops down to play spoiler, which they did against YSU. I suspect UNI and SIU will each lose a minimum of one remaining game. If that happens UNI is out, but SIU is still in. That gives us a strong chance if we win out. Not go 3-1, but 4-0 beginning last Saturday. We have one game down and 3 more to go. So let's go Guins. Just concentrate on the task at hand!!!

--- End quote ---

IAA Fan,
I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, there are 9 games left among the eight teams that you listed from the conference. We are involved in only one of those contests. There are 5 games left among your top five teams. The conference standings could look very different at the end of the season.

--- End quote ---

Wick you beat me to it, I agree.

Too many things can still happen, let's just go game to game.

IAA Fan:
I agree on playing each game, I just want to be sure our goal is to win EVERY remaining game.  At 8-3, with wins over two top-5 opponents, there is no discussion .. we are in and home for the duration.

YsuPride:
IAA I totally agree.  We have to win out including SDSU.WE MUST WIN THE REMAINING GAMES.   PERIOD.

YsuPride:
Right now we are 29th in the coaches poll and 24 in the stats poll.   Not looking good. See this is why we need to beat SDSU AT HOME.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version