YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Missouri State Week

<< < (3/5) > >>

Double ET:
From today’s Tribute/Vindy

https://www.tribtoday.com/sports/local-sports/2023/10/youngstown-state-set-to-host-missouri-state/

Dmorton:
How many damn missed tackles are we going to have?

ucfpengbuck:
Looks like we get a lot more posts when we lose. 

Nice to get a win.  Would like to see the D play better and maybe stop throwing the ball on 3rd and one.

Can't say enough about Mitch Davidson going from walk on to a potential 1st team MVFC.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on October 28, 2023, 06:30:01 PM ---Looks like we get a lot more posts when we lose. 

Nice to get a win.  Would like to see the D play better and maybe stop throwing the ball on 3rd and one.

Can't say enough about Mitch Davidson going from walk on to a potential 1st team MVFC.

--- End quote ---

Good win.

We lost the momentum when we got conservative and they almost caught up. Did we even complete a pass to Oliver in the second half?

I am still in the opinion that if we started Davidson last season instead of waiting till the fourth game, we could very well have been in the playoff with a record better than 7-4.

One bad play ( interception in the end zone) sealed the fate for MSU. It turned the momentum back to us.

I hope we can win game without having to score 40+ points. I don’t know if that is sustainable against better teams.

guinpen:
Nice win, we did what we had to do. D just is not where it needs to be, moments of looking good but still needs to step up. O looked good for most of the game but some of the play calls drive me crazy. Couple of times 3rd and 1 and we pass, especially the last time near the end of the game where we needed to be running time off the clock. No run game to speak of.

Zebras were very very bad. Did not favor one team over the other, spread their ineptness to both teams. Not sure what they get paid but it is too much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version