YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Illinois State Week

(1/13) > >>

peteonastick:
Ok. Now that we are like a Jekyll and Hyde type team, what do we need to do to run the table starting this week with ILSU?  We have dug a deep hole. My biggest concern is our inability to put 4 quarters together. We have spurts where we look like a NC level team and times we look like we can’t beat Ursuline. Disappointing that we score 41 and 31 on the road and lose. 

Go Guins!

The YO Show:
Great questions pete. I think the guins will win this one, but it is notable that they played South Dakota State closer than UNI (SDSU beat Illinois State 40-21 as opposed to beating UNI 41-6, BUT the Illinois State game was an away game for the Jackrabbits).

Cimo7:
Must win out. Only chance IMO. Though 7-4 with a loss to OSU, two 3 point losses on the road and a close loss (assuming) to the #1 team in the country would be considered at selection time but we know how the committee is. 8-3 is a must.

IAA Fan:
I thought I read that SDSU pulled their QB early in the ILS game? They were up 21-0 in the first quarter.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: Cimo7 on October 17, 2023, 08:16:04 AM ---Must win out. Only chance IMO. Though 7-4 with a loss to OSU, two 3 point losses on the road and a close loss (assuming) to the #1 team in the country would be considered at selection time but we know how the committee is. 8-3 is a must.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, I think you're right. 7-4 (7-3 in FCS) puts us on the bubble... and we someheow never get the benefit of the doubt their. 8-3 and we're in

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version