YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Illinois State Week

<< < (2/13) > >>

Dmorton:
knowing the committee, they would probably leave us out at 8-3 anyway!   Which would be an embarrassment to FCS football!  They chose Delaware over YSU last year at 7-4, and that was a complete joke!

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Dmorton on October 17, 2023, 05:23:46 PM ---knowing the committee, they would probably leave us out at 8-3 anyway!   Which would be an embarrassment to FCS football!  They chose Delaware over YSU last year at 7-4, and that was a complete joke!

--- End quote ---

Not to mention Delaware was losing consecutive games.

IAA Fan:
Guys, we need to show the committee that we can win multiple game-in-a-row. They need to show me this as well. If not, I do not wish to be embarrassed in the play-off with an appearance. BTW, at 8-3, YSU will have defeated #1 and #5. we are in (and at home) with out a doubt.

Also, let's not forget that we need to gain post-season exposure. YSU no longer has any idea what it takes to fight your way through the crowd of teams in the post-season. So maybe there is some good to an embarrassingly short run in the play-off, as opposed to none?

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 18, 2023, 08:36:23 AM ---Guys, we need to show the committee that we can win multiple game-in-a-row. They need to show me this as well. If not, I do not wish to be embarrassed in the play-off with an appearance. BTW, at 8-3, YSU will have defeated #1 and #5. we are in (and at home) with out a doubt.

Also, let's not forget that we need to gain post-season exposure. YSU no longer has any idea what it takes to fight your way through the crowd of teams in the post-season. So maybe there is some good to an embarrassingly short run in the play-off, as opposed to none?

--- End quote ---

Conference games are the same as playoff games, if not more challenging than facing most teams in the tournament.  There's such a stark difference between the MVFC teams and everyone else that we get playoff experience every week.

YsuPride:
What is with the the person posting non sports stuff to old threads?   not needed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version