Author Topic: SIU Week  (Read 6578 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
SIU Week
« on: October 01, 2023, 12:12:02 PM »
Well penguin fans, despite the emotions, we have to move on to the next week next game. SIU game at home is a must win for playoff hopes to stay alive. Lets pack the castle to give a hostile environment for SIU! Go Penguins!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SIU Week
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 12:12:41 PM »
Hopefully the secondary is going to be up for the challenge given the passing attack from this SIU team. Need to work on that this week.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 02:17:22 PM »
Yo, I admire your enthusiasm and your optimism. But our pass defense is garbage, worse even than last season. We can't compete with any quality team in the MVFC

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 03:03:23 PM »
Sorry but you don't fix a secondary week to week.  This is a recruiting issue and with the portal there should be no excuses.  The recruiting issues are a coaching issue.  Is anyone sensing a pattern?

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 09:56:10 AM »
I agree with goodnews.  coaching the defense is an opportunity that needs a shakeup this week

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 10:38:40 AM »
What’s really sad about the secondary is that they are experienced??!!  I could see if it was a young secondary but this is a travesty. I too also blame the lack of pass rush by the front 7 on this debacle. Can’t give quality QBs the amount of time to go through that many progressions. 6th year Nick Baker comes to town and this will not be pretty.  Has already thrown for 1100 yards. We are in for a long game unless this defense figures out how to get some stops, not jump off sides, and get some pressure on him!

Go Guins!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 03:27:21 PM »
We continue to cover wide receivers with line backers.  We need to go back to the 2 LB 5 DB line up like Pelini used. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 09:26:23 PM »
Defense was porus under pelini as well.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2023, 04:23:15 PM »
Nothing is coming out of his press conferences. This week's is almost a joke. We should have done a serious number on UNI. Instead he tells us that not only was our run coverage terrible, so was our pass coverage. As if w needed to be told. We should be a much better team than Weber State. Weber may make the post season, but it is long-shot. This opportunity to win (and win big) against UNI will not present itself again until Farley retires.. We have 3 more losses on our schedule, even if we do show up and play. Hint, this Saturday is not one of them. That is one loss too many for any kind of post-season. UNI will not make the post-season either. I really am asking for Phillips to "turn in his badge". With the portal there is no hope for this team. I know it sounds drastic, but we have no choice.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 04:26:48 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2023, 07:52:36 PM »
Nothing is coming out of his press conferences. This week's is almost a joke. We should have done a serious number on UNI. Instead he tells us that not only was our run coverage terrible, so was our pass coverage. As if w needed to be told. We should be a much better team than Weber State. Weber may make the post season, but it is long-shot. This opportunity to win (and win big) against UNI will not present itself again until Farley retires.. We have 3 more losses on our schedule, even if we do show up and play. Hint, this Saturday is not one of them. That is one loss too many for any kind of post-season. UNI will not make the post-season either. I really am asking for Phillips to "turn in his badge". With the portal there is no hope for this team. I know it sounds drastic, but we have no choice.

I couldn't disagree more.

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2023, 07:25:38 AM »
Honestly, a 6-5 season is more realistic at this point. Hope I am wrong but 2 loses already.
Probably add this week, SDSU and either MO ST or SD.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2023, 09:08:09 AM »
SIU=L
South Dakota=L
SDSU=L
MSU=?
INS=W
ILS=W
Murray=W

I actually think we will win this weekend. Still holding out hope we have some sort of a team here. The portal has really helped USD and UND compete with the xDSU's.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2023, 12:18:12 PM »
While I hope we win this week, I am not sure that we will. it is definitely concerning. Gotta try to be optimistic and positive though! Hopefully the guins get a win at home. Would revive playoff chances... but we need to win this game and win pretty much every other game on the docket except SDSU.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2023, 03:51:55 PM »
Unless we can get weather on our side I see another LOSS at the hands of SIU.  They have a tremendous QB.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2023, 03:54:46 PM »
So if we go and have a losing record this year I believe Phillips will be or should be let go.  There are plenty of hungry coaches out there that are looking for a good job.
Plenty of coaches.