YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UNI Week

(1/9) > >>

The YO Show:
Well, it's UNI week. UNI has been not looking like UNI of late, but given our track record against them AND this is at the dome, I do not feel confident.

Hope we win, and on paper we should but again just not confident.

guinpen:
Keep our heads on straight, play our game and no reason we should not win.

Hate playing in a barn.

Double ET:
Get the running game going especially with at least 25 carries for #10 to stop the linebackers from dropping back to cut off our crossing passes for our WRs & TE.

peteonastick:
Defensively we keep doing what we do against the run. Force Day to go to the air. I am hoping the reason we have not been getting good pass rush is the fact that we have not needed nor shown blitz packages and coverages. We need to harass Day all day.No pun intended. I know we have not put together solid a 4 quarters of football and this needs to happen this week. Keep the gas on the entire game and don’t let them think they have a chance. Agree with the run on offense. Make them stop it. I too am weary of the barn and the fact we have not won there since the 20th century but I think the hex ends on Oct. 30. Get some turnovers and we win this game.

GO GUINS!

Wick250:
I watched some of the UNI-Weber State game. Weber was able to pressure Day, and he made mistakes. We simply must find a pass rush, with well-designed blitz packages if necessary. Otherwise Day will pick us apart.

Most of our games in the UNI gym followed a similar scenario. They stopped our run and we were not sophisticated enough to hurt them with a passing game. This might be the best balanced offense that we are ever sending to that cursed facility. The UNI defense could not contain Weber. I believe that we are better. We shall see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version