Author Topic: Bobby Mo week  (Read 2920 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Mo week
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2023, 04:59:02 PM »
Not watching the  game I guess  someone said Brungard is receiving Punta.  First pretty stupid if he is QB2.  Unless he’s not the QB of thd future. 

Guess it helps being a legacy player and the HC having ties to Springfield HS and Salem lol!  YSU will never grow up.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2023, 05:58:30 PM »
Bobby Morris was completely overmatched.

That being said....we need to do better in the passing game on defense.

48-14 was the real score.  The rest was garbage time

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2023, 06:09:06 PM »
Why the hell is Brungard receiving punts?

My thoughts also, not sure if he actually had a return but why have him back there?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2023, 06:15:01 PM »
We had very little pressure on the qb in the 1st half only rushing 4 most of the time. Thought our rushing game was not what it could have been.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2023, 07:43:47 PM »
Pass defense is terrible.  No pressure on qb, dbs cannot cover a good receiver.  If the coaches don’t get this fixed prior to league play we are in trouble.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2023, 07:54:44 PM »
Philips is right the team doesn't have an identity!  None of his teams have had an identity.  Looking at league scores and our favorable schedule if we dont make the playoffs 2023 is a FAILURE!   

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2023, 08:00:05 PM »
Pass D has nof looked good all year so far .  Maybe we are being very  vanilla before League games start I. 2 weeks. 
Didn’t we have like 8-9 penalties today
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2023, 08:13:54 PM »
Thought that the Center Judge looked lost at times, needed help several times on where to spot the ball.

No pa system on the East side of the stadium so did not hear what a lot of the penalties were.

No souvenir handout today, was something planned?

Could use a big screen on the south end, when the sun is as bright as it was today, very hard to see replays on the north end screen.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 08:31:02 PM by guinpen »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2023, 12:55:12 PM »
This team has great potential, but the tragic flaw is the inability to pressure a quarterback with a four man rush. We can only hope that the defensive coaches can design some creative blitzes.

How serious is the injury to #78, our redshirt freshman offensive tackle?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2023, 11:43:37 AM »
I was unable to attend the game so I just watched the entire thing on ESPN+. I will tell you this? I see some potential as well. However, we do not adjust well on defense & we do not seem to learn from our mistakes either. As DWJ noted already ... In the secondary it is as though our cover never has any idea where the ball is. Never turn their heads even. Same thing last year. I do like that QB for RMU. As good as most anyone in the MVFC. They only had one good WR, why could we not cover him?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2023, 03:07:14 PM »
I was unable to attend the game so I just watched the entire thing on ESPN+. I will tell you this? I see some potential as well. However, we do not adjust well on defense & we do not seem to learn from our mistakes either. As DWJ noted already ... In the secondary it is as though our cover never has any idea where the ball is. Never turn their heads even. Same thing last year. I do like that QB for RMU. As good as most anyone in the MVFC. They only had one good WR, why could we not cover him?

I agree with you on the corner backs for not turning their heads to look for the ball. A few years ago, #7 was a classic in doing that for almost every play. You could even hear the sideline yielding “turn your head”.

In the RMU game, the long pass to the sideline was a prime example. The receiver was at the right sideline at the 5 yard line as the ball was coming in. The cornerback had to know the ball was in the air since the receiver was running out of real estate. Yet, he never turned around or even tried to raise his hand to distract the pass.
If we could not pressure the opposing QB, we probably would give up a lot of completions in league plays. We had better score lots of points on the offense in order to win the games.
Give the ball to #10 as many times as possible on the running plays.