YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Transfer Portal

<< < (20/31) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
YSU has only three players returning from last years roster.

1. B Rush
2. J Lovelace
3. J Irwin

I'm sure YSU is all in on Jason Edwards but I might take the field on this one.   Coach C is no dummy so I'm sure he'll have a point guard sooner than later.

mudclods:
Can't say I'm super surprised by Shemar...I was hoping at this point he was staying.

He went from starting at the beginning of the year to not even playing by season's end.  It seemed like after he got snowed in in Toronto and missed practice his playing time was never the same.  Then add in that injury after that that kept him out, but when he returned he barely played. 

I agree it seemed like his size was an issue at times, but I did like watching him running the point and he seemed to have a high iq.  I'm guessing too he figured with all these incoming transfers the same thing was probably going to happen again this year. 

IAA Fan:
Dump the Portal.

Wick250:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 03, 2023, 09:28:10 AM ---Dump the Portal.

--- End quote ---

Philosophically, I agree with you. This portal has wrecked college sports as we have known them. College rosters now resemble those of minor league baseball teams: here today, gone tomorrow.

However, since this is the new reality and we can not change it, be grateful that Calhoun has mastered the new rules. Let's hope that his second batch of transfers can mesh together into a cohesive unit.  That is not guaranteed.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on May 03, 2023, 10:40:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 03, 2023, 09:28:10 AM ---Dump the Portal.

--- End quote ---

Philosophically, I agree with you. This portal has wrecked college sports as we have known them. College rosters now resemble those of minor league baseball teams: here today, gone tomorrow.

However, since this is the new reality and we can not change it, be grateful that Calhoun has mastered the new rules. Let's hope that his second batch of transfers can mesh together into a cohesive unit.  That is not guaranteed.

--- End quote ---

I agree

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version