YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Dan Rivers local media radio questions why we are in MVFC? His Facebook post.

<< < (8/9) > >>

pen4life:
Akron "fans" don't go see Akron play, why would we want to see Akron play? Youngstown drew crowds as high as 10000  at Rayen stadium playing teams like St Norbert, Susquehanna and Southern Connecticut. What is this obsession with the so called big time? Schools like Akron are a joke in FBS. And the funniest part is the high price they pay each year to be someone's patsy.

YSUGO:
Funny how Marshall, APPY STATE Boise St.  Aren’t anybodys patsy.   That’s why I loved Wolfy.  He felt and wanted that challenge and he knew we really weren’t a great fit in the Missouri Valley from rivals to recruiting.  Being in this conference and watching us play teams other than Dakotas and northern Iowa is like watching paint dry.  There is no fan recognition and any recognizable players or coach’s. 

guinpen:

--- Quote from: pen4life on December 20, 2022, 06:25:11 PM ---Akron "fans" don't go see Akron play, why would we want to see Akron play? Youngstown drew crowds as high as 10000  at Rayen stadium playing teams like St Norbert, Susquehanna and Southern Connecticut. What is this obsession with the so called big time? Schools like Akron are a joke in FBS. And the funniest part is the high price they pay each year to be someone's patsy.

--- End quote ---

Yes, good old Rayen Stadium, actually had my car broken into during a 1 o'clock game there. I for one would love to go to a home game against the zits. Used to go to the games at the Rubber bowl back in the day and there were no zits fans at the games back then either.

I am not obsessed with going FBS, my interest is to be playing in a league with regional schools that interest me. If that means going to FBS then so be it. If we can do it staying in FCS then so be it.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 21, 2022, 05:30:05 AM ---Funny how Marshall, APPY STATE Boise St.  Aren’t anybodys patsy.   That’s why I loved Wolfy.  He felt and wanted that challenge and he knew we really weren’t a great fit in the Missouri Valley from rivals to recruiting.  Being in this conference and watching us play teams other than Dakotas and northern Iowa is like watching paint dry.  There is no fan recognition and any recognizable players or coach’s.

--- End quote ---

Hard to get pumped up for Missouri St.

pen4life:
Akron games were fun, also Kent and Cincinnati. But hardly worth athletic budget increase to 25 or 35k. I watched Toledo and Liberty in the fix your roof Boca bowl. It was pathetic, zero fan interest, the stands were empty. Perhaps you and I would love to see YSU play Akron regularly but we can't assume others would, especially Akron "fans".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version