YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Dan Rivers local media radio questions why we are in MVFC? His Facebook post.

<< < (9/9)

YSUinBoston:
This thing does go in circles. I would love to see YSU in the MAC for natural rivalries and such----but I do think it makes sense for the program to see how BCS football really sorts itself out in the next few years. I would love to see division I football split into three divisions-----the semi-pro football division, a lower tier BCS (which YSU could aspire to), and then the FCS. As I stated earlier in this thread, it is downright ridiculous to pretend conferences like the MAC are competing in the same sport as Alabama, OSU, etc. These schools are just throwing away money on substandard products that no one is watching anyway.

I was talking to a buddy and we were saying you can do some soccer like relegation thing between the divisions too.

Anyway, it seems silly to me to invest more money in this program for a move to FCS when it feels like there is a bigger shake up coming to the sport. The UCLA/USC thing to the Big Ten is just so weird that it really calls for some serious global thinking about where college sports are going

pen4life:
Correction 25 or 35k x 1000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version