YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Duquesne Week

(1/4) > >>

The YO Show:
Well, it is gameweek folks! I am very excited for the start of the season. Duquesne did have the advantage of playing a week 0 game (against Florida State losing 47-7). I think the guins come ready to play their first game and get a comfortable win margin. Thoughts?

Double ET:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on August 29, 2022, 03:35:49 PM ---Well, it is gameweek folks! I am very excited for the start of the season. Duquesne did have the advantage of playing a week 0 game (against Florida State losing 47-7). I think the guins come ready to play their first game and get a comfortable win margin. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

I watched highlights of that game. The big plays of FSU’s running destroyed the Dukes. They had difficulty In tackling the ball carriers.

We need to get our ground game going. The Dukes really didn’t look all that bad. We need to be cautious.

Remembering the Butler game…..

YsuPride:
Don't underestimate any opponent.   Remember Duquesne made the playoffs.

goodnews:
We have teetered at the .500 winning percentage for years.  We are feared by no one.  Nothing comes easy for YSU Football.

Wick250:
Last season Duquesne was crushed by TCU in their opener, then went to Athens the next week and took down Ohio University.  I'm sure that our coaches have made that point abundantly clear to our team.

This is the third season for the new regime. I expect substantial progress on the defensive side of the ball through the addition of several transfers and the maturation of our young players. If the O-line has improved, admittedly a big if, we should have a dynamic offense with our skilled athletes.

Saturday will either be the first signs of a renaissance for YSU football, or it will be proof that we made a mistake with our coaching hire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version